Sign in to follow this  

Trail Tech Vapor

Did any of you guys using a Vapor change the Pusle per Revolution to set the tach. The reason I ask is it seems to register a higher RPM than my ear thinks so. I was wondering if the standard default of 1.0 is wrong for this bike (TE450). If i set the idle at 1850 it sounds too low, 2000-2100 sounds right. any thoughts.

I don't have a Vapor but the Husky is just like any other CDI bike, which is 1 spark per revolution. Even if it was wrong, it wouldn't be a small percent off, it would be twice or half of the actual. I run my idle fairly high, it won't hurt anything.

Joel

I'm not using the Vapor (possibly will) but a Acewell...its calibrated to 1.0 and the readings are 100% according to stock 07 digital panel...BTW i'm using 6 turns very close to each around spark plug wire and covered it with electric isolating tape.

Did any of you guys using a Vapor change the Pusle per Revolution to set the tach. The reason I ask is it seems to register a higher RPM than my ear thinks so. I was wondering if the standard default of 1.0 is wrong for this bike (TE450). If i set the idle at 1850 it sounds too low, 2000-2100 sounds right. any thoughts.

I would like to see a picture of the Vapor installed on your bike if you got one.

Thanks,

Mike

I'll try and take a picture.I used trail tech protetor, but not the one that mounts off of the bar clamps. The one that mounts off the bar clamps set's too high for me. I used the stock mount, sets nice and low so when I pile-it up it MIGHT be o/k.