Sign in to follow this  

best torque wrench

What is the best torque wrench for the money. I'll not only be working on the husky but building subaru motors with it. Should I get one for light torque and one for heavier torque or is there a good all around wrench out there? My autozone piece of garbage is no longer gonna cut it for engine blueprinting.

i have a snap on electronic torque wrench...you can set everything by a touch of a buton, and it vibrates when you hit the amount of torque you set it too..

snap on is top knotch quality too and you can buy them on ebay for big discounts..ive seen em for like 199$

Model number is TECH2FR100 ..i paid like $350 from the snap on guy..than a noticed on ebay they sell for 199$ buy it now and sometimes cheaper

i use it for my dirtbike only but im not sure what ude need for a car engine...it goes 5 - 100ft lbs

What is the best torque wrench for the money. I'll not only be working on the husky but building subaru motors with it. Should I get one for light torque and one for heavier torque or is there a good all around wrench out there? My autozone piece of garbage is no longer gonna cut it for engine blueprinting.

Best for the money? probably Sears. About $100. You can find better & you can find worse. As far as motorcycles goes a 3/8ths will do most jobs but a 1/4" can be used a lot, but harder to find.[not at sears].

i would steer away from buying torque wrenches on ebay. If they get used alot. You're suppose to send it in to get it caliberated every so often. I have 2 snap on torque wrenches specifically for engine building. One is 3/8" 5-75 ft lbs., Second one is 25-250 ft lbs. And i have a craftsmans 1/2" for wheel torqueing and all other stuff.

The best torque wrench is a properly calibrated one. Not any make or model. Been a Tech for 24 years and seen $500 crap. :applause:

Model number is TECH2FR100 ..i paid like $350 from the snap on guy..than a noticed on ebay they sell for 199$ buy it now and sometimes cheaper

i use it for my dirtbike only but im not sure what ude need for a car engine...it goes 5 - 100ft lbs

Wife just got me the same Snap-on. Sweet!

• Like 1

Wife just got me the same Snap-on. Sweet!

You guys buying snap on tools - do they still come with calenders?

i would steer away from buying torque wrenches on ebay. If they get used alot. You're suppose to send it in to get it caliberated every so often. I have 2 snap on torque wrenches specifically for engine building. One is 3/8" 5-75 ft lbs., Second one is 25-250 ft lbs. And i have a craftsmans 1/2" for wheel torqueing and all other stuff.

just because its on ebay doesnt mean its used...theres tons of good quality brand torque wrenches on ebay...espesially the snap on one..you can get them for around 150$ cheaper NEW if you look around

yes, snap-on tools do come with calenders, just not the kind they used to give out. also the most impotant thing about a torque wrench is to take care of it. dont drop it dont use it as a hammer, and follow the manufact. directions. you dont need to spend a fortune on one. I have several different ones, for different applications, most are snap-on, but one is a craftsman, ive had for a lot of years and still works great.

Like everything else you buy, you should consider the service associaated with it. Snap on is very good about calibrating and servicing the wrenches. The problem with some of the others is where do you go to get them checked and what is the turnaround time ?? Not an advertisement for snap on, I've seen and used other brands that were very good, sometime you have to look farther on down the road on other aspect's of ownership. The politicially correct crown killed the great snap on calenders. If you can find one look for a wurth calender, great euro babes, typicial german quality, women and print quality... mmmmm :thumbsup::busted::cheers::thumbsup:

I like the craftsman ones, I have two, ft\lbs & inch\lbs, I've always been told that after you done using them, relieve pressure on the dial back to zero, or they can go out of whack :thumbsup: haven't had a problem with mine, bought in 85, but then again, only used them maybe 2 dozen times in all those years

Have Snap-on electronic, Snap-on click type also Mountz dial indicating, but being a Tool addict just ordered couple Warren & Brown Deflecting Beam torque wrenches these are the real deal.www.warrenandbrown.com au Later George