Sign in to follow this  

Vortex Ignition + 05 YZ125

anyone got any experience on how the vortex programmable ignition works with a 05 yz125 or especially a 05 yz144?

basically I am wondering if a difference can be felt on a two stroke?

I had one on my smr510 husky and could feel a difference between the all torque curve and the all power curve. It felt as if the powerband had been moved down lower in the rpm when the all torque curve was selected. But two things: 1-the bike was a four stroke and 2-the bike had so much power to begin with that the effects could be felt. I wonder if a 125cc two stroke with the vortex would make any noticeable gains.

thanks in advance

i seem to remember the rev limiter on the 05 kicked in a little early when the engine was ported for mucho topend. again, from memory, the aftermarket ignition did help with more topend when the engine was really tweaked. i think they modded the ignition for 06????

but thats just from memory, so dont quote me on it. LOL.

if you are looking for more lowend, then sell the bike since lowend torquey 125/144s is not the way god intended IMO.

two strokes dont have rev limiters, they pretty much just stop making power after a certain part in the powerband

well I am figuring a 144cc would lose topend and the max rev of the motor should be down compared to stock.