Sign in to follow this  

iSN'T THIS A GOOD REASON

:applause::lol: :lol: :eek:

I've always wanted to get a hyd. press to put in my shop but never got around to it. Since I could use one now for a KDX/KX fork swap :naughty: isn't this the perfect reason to spend the money on one??? I know I can take the stuff to a shop for a few dollars but, but, but, what if I needed tooooooooooooooooo press,,,,,,,,,,,,, watermelon seeds?

Oh, by the way I've already pick'd it out and with ANYONES support I'll get it next week. :lol:

I knew I could count on support from TT'rs! :applause:

Don'tchaaa just hate it when your caps button is back-wards!

Yes it is a good reason thats why I got one. :applause:

I think you'd be doing yourself a great disservice if you didn't get one. :applause:

Just don't spend too much for it. Harbor Freight sells them for pretty cheap, so I bought one about 13 years ago. I don't recall using it more than once.

so I bought one about 13 years ago. I don't recall using it more than once.

So, you got your moneys worth, that's what I'm hoping for as well. :lol: :lol: :eek:

It's just one of those things that we really don't need but, want. Besides it'll make a great place to set a cold beer on a hot day. :applause:

See a hyd press has endless uses.

Just don't spend too much for it. Harbor Freight sells them for pretty cheap,.

Don't tell anyone but that's where I'm gonna get mine. :naughty:

Besides it'll make a great place to set a cold beer on a hot day. :applause:

Also after a few cold beers, you can have fun and put a full beer in the press and see what happens :lol:

Me and my friend were using a hyd. press 2 weeks ago, trying to press the yoke off of the splined part of the rear driveshaft for his roommates Vue. That thing was one tight pressed fit. We had a bearing splitter around the yoke, and had that going across 2 pieces of 4" channel iron. Both pieces of channel iron started to bend before the shaft moved :eek: That was freaking LOUD :lol:

The shop I work in has a 40-ton press and a huge, 200 ton press. If one doesn't work, the other will. I remember pressing a shaft out of a big cable drum once on the 200 tonner. It took nearly 170 tons befoe it came out, and when it did move, it made a POP so loud it sounded like a bomb going off. It's scary, but fun.

I bought mine form harbor freight two years ago to do wheel bearings on momma's minivan (Me: "Oh, darn it, honey, I need to press these tings out to put the new ones in...machine shop wants 40 bucks to do it, but it's Friday night and they won't be open again 'till Monday...but Harbor Freight has this 40 tonner on sale for a buck seventy, and I can finish your van on Saturday! Of course, there are several other uses, too!" Momma: "Hey, why don't you go ahead and get it...")

Anyway, the thing sits in the corner of the garage and I use it more than I ever immagined...way more than just holding my beer!

Do it!!!

Yeah there you go, you can use it on wheel bearings.....and if you have the space and money why not?

It's just one of those things that we really don't need but, want. Besides it'll make a great place to set a cold beer on a hot day. :applause:

:eek: See, you didn't need anyone else to make your mind up after all :lol: I should warn you though, the day will come when no matter how much brute force you have at your disposal it won't be enough :lol:

Must admit mine gets used for way more than it's "normal" duties, in fact as I speak it's busy clamping a carbon fibre lay-up while the epoxy cures. Also, the mother-in-law used to make "pressed tongues" (don't ask).....