Sign in to follow this  

case re-building ??

so i FINALLY got all my parts to re-assemble my case, i was wondering if anyone know's of the best and or fastest way to re-assemble it. (in what order, I.E. install gears then the crank then the flywheel) i seem to be having a little trouble with the gears not lighning up after i put them in. i do have the service manual and i have read it and it doesnt really explain in what order it should be done. any help would be greatly appretiated, thanks -nick

You put the crank in, drop the main and counter shaft gear sets in holding them meshed together, then the shift drum and shift forks all into the right case. Drop the left case on. flip it over. remove the right case and install the oil pump and one way valve. Drop the right case back on and bolt it together.

The gears don't line up right until you get the shift forks in. I think thats how I remember it. Don't forget to lube the parts as you go where the manual says. Good luck:thumbsup:

P1010203.jpg

You put the crank in, drop the main and counter shaft gear sets in holding them meshed together, then the shift drum and shift forks all into the right case. Drop the left case on. flip it over. remove the right case and install the oil pump and one way valve. Drop the right case back on and bolt it together.

The gears don't line up right until you get the shift forks in. I think thats how I remember it. Don't forget to lube the parts as you go where the manual says. Good luck:thumbsup:

P1010203.jpg

Exactly