Sign in to follow this  

Big bore stroker rhc cams report

Decided not to hijack any more threads with snippets. Finally got to open the bike up a bit. What a difference... the power is there in all gears and the bike flys when you goose the throttle. Also it's not as loud as I originally thought... I asked some elderly women (actually they may have been younger then me :lol:) if they thought it was too loud and they were ok with it. That being said, I don't think I'd drive it into a church parking lot on Sunday... but it's acceptable in town.

This was way more then just putting lipstick on a pig... the mods have fundamentally changed the bike into a finely honed street fighter with an attitude.

:applause:

All this talk of the big bore/stroker/RHC's is making me froth at the mouth. Eventually, I be able to experience it too.

Good Deal, Jim, Glad it floats your boat. Can't wait myself!

William... we probably have the same goals but different priorities. I wanted power first (to some extent I was forced into it when the cams exploded )... now I want what you already have e.g. bike protective parts, SM wheels, inverted forks, and last... new plastics. Oh... need theft insurance and good dot knobbies too.

No more money left though :applause: will have to wait a good while.

Those RHC cams pull like a train don't they?! Traffic is sooo easy now!

Those RHC cams pull like a train don't they?! Traffic is sooo easy now!

Since I did three things at once (plus using the 1 ply gasket) I don't know what's doing what.... but I know what you mean about the pull.

Edit: Actually 5 things. I also added the FCR/MX 41mm carb and opened the airbox more

Good to hear, Jim!! It feels good to enjoy the benefits of modifications when they go well, doesn't it....

amen... and I'm glad I did it in stages. You just keep getting that smile on your face each time you feel the improvement. :applause:

How well does the big bore do on the highway compared to the stock version?

Way more top-end. Haven't actually taken it on the interstate but was able to put it through its paces with my wife on the back on a two-lane highway as Eddie stated above. I'm at stock S gearing 15/44, to get better speed I'd have to change to 'SM' gearing... but that's what I have my ZRX 1200 for :applause: . The main thing I like about this set up is the quicker response on the throttle. If you WOT in the lower gears you are going to wheelie, you actually have to be careful with the throttle. I wheelied with my wife on the back unintentionally in first.

Cracked 100 indicated with that gearing???? G-dam! E CDI?

Be careful with the Missus.

No the S CDI... I will probably get the CDI Eddie's working on when he's done and I have the money since the E isn't that much better then the S.

Be careful with the Missus.
It might help to put this in some context, I was racing a pickup truck at the time and my wife was wearing the bicycle helmet I told her she shouldn't buy for mc riding:smirk:

My wife won't go near mine.

CC

Because you won't let her or because she knows better?!? :applause:

Hey Jim, sounds like a rocket, on the cdi I bought the yosh 11k (procomm) directly from yoshimura. I installed it a year ago and have not any problems with it, bike revs way up and have not hit the limiter(stock bore, e gasket, hotcams, fcr39, flowcommander), but as you stated the one Eddie is working on will be the ticket- just giving you an option.

the S cdi is actually just right for the stroker motors.

how about the yosh 11k? is it too much for the stroker? and on that note, what about the trailtech flywheel & the stroker?