Sikk mx trailbike

dsc0048ur9.jpg

dsc02253rb9.jpg

I have been fixing up the bike for the summer. Put on a taller bar, smaller front sprocket (14) and a better rear tire. got rid of the kick stand. Assembly on the bike was bad so we went over every nut and bolt. The bike is alot of fun to play around on. I am suprised how well the lifan 125 works with the new gearing it gets up and goes. I used a front tire off a ttr much stronger side wall it will protect the rim better.

I am 6'4" 210 lbs and it pulls me around just fine. Although the rear spring is so stiff I cant get it to move with my weight, need to find a replacement. I bought it for the wife and she is learning how to ride and doing well on it. If I were to ride it for too long I dont think it would survive my abuse. I am really happy sikk decided to make a bike like this. Thanks to Nate at Outlaw for his help getting it.

I did get one of the first bikes and I dont know if anything has changed but the bike was not assembled ready to ride. Just like any bike you need to go over it and tighten things up, lubricate etc.....

My overall impression is positive although it is not a replacement for a dirt bike. For the wife she may or may not move on to a bigger bike like the new 150's, it may be all she will need to ride around on while we hit the trails or mess around with while we are camping.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw one of those up close..talked to a guy that runs desert singletrack with it..he loved it...although not as heavy duty as a dirtbike, certainly as a play bike ,or a beginner bike...It will be interesting to see if they keep improving on the design..the dealer here in az. has a 2 month waiting list I was told..

1900.00 otd. Thats doable for young guys that cant lay out 6500.00 for a new bike.

were not saying that the second picture is photoshopped.. but im in a advanced computer graphics class and i would have to say that is a photoshop job...

Thats some funny stuff why would I devote more than 2 minutes to upload and post a pic plus I'm using a macbook so no photochop.

dsc023614mo9.jpg

I don't think it's photoshopped... Probably just some zoom on a digital camera focusing on the moving object making everything around it a blur.

What could he gain from a picture like that being photoshopped anyway? He is stilling sitting on the bike.

he lost me, oh well.. im not saying he doesnt have the bike, im just saying it looked like he cut out him sitting on the bike, and free transformed it to make it look like a wheelie... then placed it in the road pic.. oh well its not that big of a deal

I'm not going to argue about it, but either way i still think it looks photoshopped...

Sheesh…the guy even posted a different picture of him riding a wheelie to show the first one wasn't fake. And yet…you didn't understand that. Who's going to photoshop themselves doing a wheelie so other people would think he looks "cool"? That's something only a 15 year-old would think of.

And sorry for my first post to sound so annoyed…but these little bikes look really cool & a discussion about the bikes themselves would be far more interesting that reading someone's accusations of…of I don't know what? Internet photo forgery? Looks like the guy spends more time riding his bike than practicing photoshop.

A buddy of mine has the Lifan 250cc road bike, folks think its a virago all the time. He swears by it. Admittedly I am not ashamed to ride my fz1 next to him until we get on the freeway. In the low end its a decent performer. Hopefully Lifan gets a good foot hold in the US. Although, it does sound an Awful lot like a beefy sewing machine.

Could you throw that baby on a scale, and let us know what it weighs?

After I took off the 5 lbs kick stand it comes close to 160. I can pick it up and put it on my hitch rack on the back of my jeep dont need to use the ramp.