Sign in to follow this  

Sikk mx trailbike

If I get involved in this thread again the offenders aren't going to like it. This isn't the pit bike forum. If you want to play games like that take it back over there. :applause:

If I get involved in this thread again the offenders aren't going to like it. This isn't the pit bike forum. If you want to play games like that take it back over there. :applause:

NO, NO, NO!!! Don't do that. We are sick of the games in that forum also.

http://sikkinc.phanfare.com/album/80053 pic 22 23 on page 2 are short clips.

I will post a link to some vids asoon as I can.

great slide show, that was shot a few miles from my house in AZ. Keep us informed on reliability and aftermarket parts that work on this bike..How many miles do you get out of the fuel tank..?? I know some real technical desert singletrack where that ground clearance and weight would really be an advantage.

How many miles do you get out of the fuel tank..?? .

I'm from Canada eh? no miles up here LOL.....

I think you would get tired before the tank runs out not exactly a high reving motor.

Sweet helmet too. Maybe you can photoshop a helmet onto his head????:applause::eek:

I got a chance to ride a little bit on one. Now I am near 300lbs and it motored along OK, but I didn't expect it to. From a stop it was grunting, like I expected frmo my weight. Once at a cruising speed the light weight made it a blast to ride.

The bike I rode had a taller handlebar already (edit: I guess it wasn't that much taller....I would have liked it taller). Personally I felt the pegs were obnoxiously high. Not to bad when seated, but once you stand you are way up over the bike. If they lowered the pegs 2"s I think I would like it more and sold the bike with a tall bar it would fit an adult better. I am 5' 11" and have a 29" inseam (yeah I am built like a gorrilla)

the guy I borrowed it from is well over 6' and he says he rides in on some nasty Cascade mountain trails (mud, roots, rocks, etc) and has a blast with it. It is a play bike. When he wants to go fast he jumps on his Husky 450.

The finish is not super nice like was said before. Yes the rear spring was STIFF....even for me. :applause: Who the heck spec'd that spring? lol

It is fun and that is its purpose.

Rhino

Picture of buddy trying it out that weekend.

97950185-L.jpg

It looks like a motorized mountain bike and probably a butt load of fun to ride.

Do these guys build, buy, or license their engines or are they knock offs like the other play bikes coming out of China?

I like trials style riding over ultra technical terrain in the desert but I've been using the CRF230s and CRF150Fs.

This bike certainly is cool though. I did notice that all the photos on the website show the bike being ridden in open desert which doesn't show the bike's true potential in the right application. The video does an even poorer job because the bike is totally lagging coming out of that desert off camber.

You got guys like me who would take the bike out to Cougar Buttes and pick a virgin mountain range to climb with it, and the guys selling the bike are promoting it with images of riding it in quad god country...

Anyhow, it's a hell of an idea. I'm not too excited about contributing to these outfits who are blatently ripping off engine designs. It would be cool to find out that sikk is building their own rolling chassis and OEMing engines for the bike...the right way.

I like trials style riding over ultra technical terrain in the desert but I've been using the CRF230s and CRF150Fs.

i like the same kind of riding, but i've been using a 250sx.

i'll have to try out one of those toy bikes someday. for the life of me i can't figure out what the attraction is, so i want to know if it's something that's cool but i just don't really get it yet, or if it's something like pitbikes or 'survivor' that are utterly lame beyond belief but still liked by alot of people.

as a long time mtn biker and dirtbiker, guess i don't really see a need for something that fits sort of in between them, unless maybe someone just couldn't afford a real bike. :applause: But i remain open-minded. perhaps after i ride one i'll have to admit i was wrong, just like i did about cilantro when i was a kid.

I just got mine a couple days ago. It is way nicer than I thought it would be for the price. The suspension and brakes do not compare to a $6500 bike though. The power and gearing are impresive. First gear is pretty low and you can cruise pretty good in third. Jimmi at sikk said they will offer lower gearing for the east coast guys soon. You get what you pay for but in this case I think you get a little more. I am working on a few mods so it will be a little better for east coast riding. I am building an air box for it as well as I built a cover for the electronics under the tank. The bike is made for drier and more open climates. I am doing a few mods for the tight trails we have here on the right coast. The front tire it came with is crap also. I ordered some mud tires for it. I will put some bark busters on there and replace the plastic grips.

I hope to have it out on the trails next weekend. I will post a full report then.

:applause:

I don't suppose it's possible to make one street legal for some ultra-stealth dual sporting?

I am going to work on that, I will post up how that work out for me.

Yeah don't see why you couldn't make a dual sport out of one, that would be fun around town for sure!

Although the rear spring is so stiff I cant get it to move with my weight, need to find a replacement.

What is the spring rate on yours? Mine is 1200#/inch. I weigh 150lb and I can make that move pretty well. The spring rate ramps up quickly though.

How is the rebound damping on your fork? Mine feels like I have penutbutter for fork oil. There is also a short undamped bit in the travel when transitioning from compression damping to rebound damping in the fork travel. This makes the fork clunk like it is toping out.

I hate the way those things look...and the price is enough to shit a brick----however, I bet it would be fun around a camp fire :applause: