Sign in to follow this  

2000 DRZ dual sport conversion?

I am looking to make my 2000 DRZ street legal and have just a couple questions thought you all might be willing to tackle.

I have the kicker version Y? anyhow anyone know if that is a dual filament bulb in there or am I going to need to get some sort of after market headlight. I am planning on running a UFO fender with a banjo hyd brake switch anyone confirm its a 10X1.25 thread?

Also any good leads for a cheap hi/low switch I can handle bar mount? Or even a lead on a horn switch, im thinking of using a starter button for the horn.

I am in MI so I don't require turn signals just lights and a horn should do it for me.

---

Doing the same conversion on my wifes 2003 CRF230 if anybody has any good tips on that bike. I will search the appropriate forum though.

Thanks all

Baja designs should be able to help you with everything you need and more. The state rules will dictate if you need a 55/60 watt headlight. If you do not need blinkers you should be able to run it as is. I have a Acerbis(sp) LED brake/taillight combo on my bike. You can use a simple toggle switch from K4, check off road shops, that will have the required circuit one ON/circuit two ON for the high/low. Another option is to check with a Parts Unlimited dealer, most bike shops. They should be able to offer you a universal handle bar switch that covers must of all your needs. prt# 2106-0033 or headlight only prt# 2106-0032or prt# 2106-0010. Bit pricey at 50 to 70 bucks each but you may need only one. Of course check the TT store first for the best deal.:applause: