Sign in to follow this  

Suspension help

Well the time has come for me to upgrade the suspension, I would like to upgrade to stiffer springs but not a revalve, trying to budget, so would replacing the springs in the forks and shock be easy to tackle? Where can I get the springs for a 190-200 lbs stud like myself? Would this make a difference on not bottoming out as much and ride quality? Just tired of bottoming out so hard:ride:

The RaceTech spring rate calculator will help you choose the right springs: http://www.racetech.com/evalving/menu/searchdirt.asp

Then you can order then from the TT store. The right springs will help a lot, you probably don't need to do a revalve. If you are really having bottoming problems all the time, then I would order a slightly heavier spring than the calculator suggests.

• Like 1

the rear is are real easy if you can change the oil you can do the rear, I assume the fronts are the same as other forks Ive done take off the cap take out the spring put in the new spring and replace the cap. If Im wrong on the forks im sure some kind soul will point it out to me

Hey Fiz

i just checked the manual just take the forks off and take off the top cap (careful there may be some spring pressure to it) and the fork spring is right there.

the manual states the free spring length is 561mm or 22.1 inches

I know youre replacing yours but maybe someone else can use that info

I replaced my rear spring using Race Tech's recommendation for my weight. It made a VERY big improvement--the best mod I have done so far--and only $100. The benefit from the rear spring is more noticeable than from the front--so if you can only do one, do the rear first.

I had to take a good bit of the frame apart to do the rear. Nothing too hard for the mechanically inclined, except there is a whole lot of stuff that you have to remember how it goes back together. I got good "how to" guidance from searching on this board. Word to the wise and all that...

After re-springing, be sure to set the race sag correctly--very important. Start with factory settings for the clickers then adjust as required.

• Like 1

The Honda dealer charged me 40 dollars to change the rear spring. I thought I would need a spring compressor but they said not needed.:applause: