Sign in to follow this  

Pop Stall

I have a 2006 YZ450F and am having some trouble with the bike stalling when the throttle is opened quickly. It is most likely to happen after slowing for an obstacle such as a small ditch or log and then getting back on the throttle hard. Also it is bad about this when climbing a hill and having to get out of the throttle for a second like when I get out of shape, and then getting back on the gas. It will just pop and then die. I did a search and found many different remedies for this but so far none of them have worked. I have used the stock 42 pilot, as well as a 45 and 48 pilot. I have adjusted the fuel screw every which way and even tried wiring the Accelerator Pump. I have also went from the stock 55 leak jet to a 65 leak jet. Which way do you turn the adjustment screw on the AP to decrease the amount of fuel squirted?

Thanks,

Steve

The screw is not for adjusting the amount it is for adjusting the start. If you go to KTM section, then the RFS subsection there is a FAQ section. In the FAQ section read carb setup 101 and AC pump 101. You will find some links to find a pic of of the setting which is between .100" and .110" between two arms.