Sign in to follow this  

A smoothing experience

My poor scoot, think I've been too hard on the clutch and she shakes quite a bit. I did my first long ride in a while today, probably 200ish miles(no odo or speedo) and my tail bone hurts(thanks uncle corbin) and the old girl just isn't as smooth as she used to be. I'm beginning to think that it's clutch and basket time. Shifting is a tad longish in throw and notchy as well. I have to get this thing smoothed out though.

Anyone found a foot peg that has rubber inserts and some decent size?

Also need to get the handle bars squared away with a bar snake or something. It's still better than my buddy's Duke II but his DR650(04) is so much smoother than my poor, molested old girl!

I roll street tires too!

Anyone have any input here?

Are you sure its your clutch that suddenly started to vibrate, I have very out of balance wheels that need quite a lot of wheel wheights to bring them into balance, when they are not spot on the vibrations are terrible but when they are balanced right its smooth, last time I checked in you were talking about fitting a road tire, Did you do it ? and if you did, did you rebalance your wheel ? its just good to eliminate your wheels from your list of possible vibration sources befor you start cracking open your engine.

I'm about to add a new set of tires and they'll hit the balancer. The bike has been a tad vibey compared to my friends 04 and the shifting is definitely looser than his, meaning longer throws. I've had my old dr350 have the same symptoms after prolonged clutch wheelies grooving the basket. I'm 99% positive my 650 suffers from the same and the slop needs to be removed from the clutch.