Sign in to follow this  

kx450f vs yz450f?

Pick a color, they are all good bikes these days....

get a bag of M&M s and choose a color....i believe there is a yellow,blue,red,green,orange,brown=Husqvarna:bonk:

I too was trying to decide which one i wanted out of the Yamaha or Kawasaki. I rode a 2004 yz250f for 3 seasons before i switched. The only reason i decided on the kawasaki 450 was because i rode my friend's 06, and loved it in the first 20 seconds, and i have read that the yamaha's exhaust port was shrunk about 10mm to create lower sound emissions, therefore making it seem like it has less power. With me, i'm 5'7", and around 150-155 with gear on, and even with my yamaha 250f, i felt like i was "on top of" the bike instead of "being in the bike", where as the kawi, you feel in the bike. Mostly personal preferance, but as stated before, pick your color, and you should be happy:thumbsup:

Over this side of the ocean, they(Yamaha) cheaper in parts. But Kawa is far more knowledgeable and helpful. Question how good is your dealer?, then pick your colour.

I actually bought an 07 YZ450f and a 07 KX450f. I don't know why I got 2 different brands this year. The YZ handles a 100 times better out of the box. I don't know about the motor I never rode it stock. The Kawi has an awsome stock motor but the suspension sucks. Bad!!! It's tall, wants to push to the outside and stands up in every turn. Out of the box I think the YZ is a better deal. You get good bars, rims and a true 5 speed. Set the sag and it's ready to ride. In the end I decided to race the kawi but now after everything it feels just a little better than my YZ. I don't know what level you ride at but you will spend less money on the YZ.

• Like 1

i just got an '07 KX450F...sweet bike. i came off a '04 WR250F and its a huge difference. I'm 6'2" and about 180lbs. and the kx is taller which is good, and like mentioned above i feel like i'm on the bike. unlike the yz450f where its a little shorter and i feel like the seat is taller than the bars. i race desert here in socal and it should be a perfect switch. my first race on it is next weekend so i'm waiting on parts to start swapping out.

The Yamaha is supposed to have a slower, more friendly motor stock. It was rated #1 for off-road use with the Kawasaki at its heals in the #2 spot. For racing, the Yamaha was rated poorly. The Kawasaki was also high in racing. Don't remember what spot but it was higher than the Yamaha.