Sign in to follow this  

If U could live any where in AZ and ride...Where?

If you could move or have a second house any where in AZ and have the ability to go riding with todays public accessable locations, where whould you move too?

Doug

My freind lives in Paulden.We can leave his garage and ride straight into the mountains and the prescott mountains are only 30 mins away.I wish i could live there but theres no work or it's faraway for me.

I forgot to ask also, what kind of riding is there? 1 to 10 ( 10 hardest) I would need someplace the wife could ride.

thanks

doug

I like the Roosevelt lake area....close to fishing and boating in the summer..great forest riding north ,in unit 23..ride to young for lunch..or up to the rim.Id love a second home up there..elevation is a little higher, not as hot.

Good topic... I look forward to hearing the responses. I lived in Arizona, mostly in Prescott for 25 years. I would have to say Prescott is a riding mecca for me at least. I live in Portland now, but will be moving back to AZ next spring.

I like where I live now..I can ride a short distance and hit mountain roads, trust land and BLM land. All within a 45 minute drive is Sycamore, 4 Peaks, Florence Junction, Queen Valley, Rolls, Bulldog Canyon. Driving north a bit I can hit Crown King which opens up into the national forest. I ride Apache Trail from my house and head way north. The riding areas are difficult to nice and easy. I try to avoid the real hard stuff at this stage in my life. I like where I live. Within minutes of my house there are several small areas ride in, small track type stuff.

Gsbill... you forgot to mention where you live at. Thanks all for your posts, please keep posting, very interesting and informative.

Doug

I live in southeast valley..about 40 minutes from Phoenix..

I would live east of Pima, east of 136th St, north of of Dynamite Rd. I want to gear up and go. *uck the truck!

That way I could ride the state trust land at Pima & Dynamite, or up into Tonto whenever I wanted. Even for just an hour in the morning. And again later in the day.

As soon as I can afford the seven figures it takes to buy a house there, I'm in! (Hope I'm still riding when I'm 80!)

I would live east of Pima, east of 136th St, north of of Dynamite Rd. I want to gear up and go. *uck the truck!

That way I could ride the state trust land at Pima & Dynamite, or up into Tonto whenever I wanted. Even for just an hour in the morning. And again later in the day.

As soon as I can afford the seven figures it takes to buy a house there, I'm in! (Hope I'm still riding when I'm 80!)

Ya need to put together a riders group..Just guys..and buy into that area..

I like where I live now..I can ride a short distance and hit mountain roads, trust land and BLM land. All within a 45 minute drive is Sycamore, 4 Peaks, Florence Junction, Queen Valley, Rolls, Bulldog Canyon. Driving north a bit I can hit Crown King which opens up into the national forest. I ride Apache Trail from my house and head way north. The riding areas are difficult to nice and easy. I try to avoid the real hard stuff at this stage in my life. I like where I live. Within minutes of my house there are several small areas ride in, small track type stuff.

Sounds like we live pretty close (I've been here about 5 months) but I've only been to a few of the places you mentioned, you'll have to show me around some time!!

Sounds like we live pretty close (I've been here about 5 months) but I've only been to a few of the places you mentioned, you'll have to show me around some time!!

Watch for rides..These guys post rides pretty often..I'm no navigator..Be sure to ask about where the ride is so ya dont get into an area you may not enjoy..Some of those spots have pretty rugged ground..Rugged to me anyway.

Prescott, on the edge of the National Forest:ride: With Phoenix, it's loading up trucks, driving for miles and then to a riding place where eveyone goes and it's all crowded and such. You really can't beat Prescott or the northern cities. Right now I can go, hop on my bike and zoom up to hundreds of trails and fire roads in about 2 mintues of rural street riding. (And I literally do that for about 320 days a year.) Almost no one has that. Plus, we have woods, open straights, technical and whoops, the desert doesn't have tight woods!

i'm a late poster, but i'll toss the verde valley into the mix. It's between 3500-4500 ft, so can ride year round. It's close to the rim country for summer, but not too far from lower desert for winter. Sedona's not too bad for views, either! I can ride from my house to some pretty varied rides in about 10 minutes. I can swing up to stoneman lake, up to morman lake, the jerome area, up oak creek canyon, & of course, the venerable schnebly hill road. The rim country is great for summer riding.. pines, lots of dirt roads, no permits, no crowds. Prescott & Flag are 1hr drives. I guess that is one of the reasons i do live here! The job market is thin, compared to phx, but for self-employed, it's not bad.

Az is a good riding state no matter where you live. There are a lot of great areas to ride in.

scotty:cool: