Sign in to follow this  

New thumper, check it out, advise

Looks good, I just got an 06 a few days ago myself. Just picked up and installed a pro-moto billet kickstand off craigslist half hour ago. I scored it for $40 !!! 5 min install too...he he

Nice photos! Nice bike! (course, I'm biased...)

The only thing I can see is to offer just a tip...get some ScotchBrite Red pads (welding supply, etc.) and you can clean the dark rub marks from your boots off of your frame without losing the original look.:applause:

What camera was used for the pics?

You're missing the pipe heat guard --- you're gonna want that back on unless you love the smell of burning nylon (and skin).

Get rid of the stock front tire. Yes it's a Dunlop, but it's junk. Get one of the good Dunlops, Michelin etc.

Install a JD Jetting kit, a Boyesen QuickShot and a SFB or Boyesen "wing" in the carb while you're doing the jet kit. Add a fuel screw at the bottom.

That'll get you to the next stage of the game.

Thanks again guys....El Marko, you are proving to be an invaluable resource!!!

Picked up a header guard before I ever rode it, have a new front and rear tire ready to go...Not sure if I need motor hop-ups yet, bike seems plenty fast for now, not a racer....Will pick up some of those pads, thanks :applause: