Sign in to follow this  

Moving to Arizona

Where are the places NOT to look to live? Heading out there on April 16th with the wife to meet my future employer, ( in Peoria),so i got a week to look for housing...Would like to live AWAY from people...I hate Living on top my neighbors like in California, 10 feet between houses...:lol: :lol: :eek::applause:

Where are the places NOT to look to live? Heading out there on April 16th with the wife to meet my future employer, ( in Peoria),so i got a week to look for housing...Would like to live AWAY from people...I hate Living on top my neighbors like in California, 10 feet between houses...:lol: :lol: :eek::applause:

How far are you willing to drive from home to work? How far are you willing to drive to the good riding spots and which type of riding do you like? Also, what do you mean by "living on top of your neighbors?" I ask because there are a lot of small communities outside of the city, but the homes are still built in typical subdivision fashion. Do you want .25 acre lots or what?

Living on neighbors: "Yeah close"....want some SPACE :applause:... 1/4 acre or 1 acre would be better. Driving...30 mins max i would think, riding....trails, desert....

1 acre minimum building in Desert Hills area, U can find some good deals out here it is definitely a buyers market, Nice a quiet 30 minute or less to great riding areas as well as State land possibly out your back door. 30 to 45 to Peoria 20 minutes to Lake Pleasant ,45 to the airport good luck and after you get settled pm for a ride

Living on neighbors: "Yeah close"....want some SPACE :applause:... 1/4 acre or 1 acre would be better. Driving...30 mins max i would think, riding....trails, desert....

If you look off of Patton Road around 250th ave, you'll find 1acre lots with new houses for about $350k. Then, you're just down the road from the Vulture mountains and Wickenburg.

If you look off of Patton Road around 250th ave, you'll find 1acre lots with new houses for about $350k.

....Then, you're just down the road from the Vulture mountains and Wickenburg.[/QUOTE]

and right next to EGYPT!:applause:

That is way out there.

There are some good opportunities in Maricopa, Queen Creek, Surprise, Buckeye and Gilbert. There are good and not so good areas everywhere so you'll really need to see for yourself. I'm an eastsider out in Gilbert so my preference would be Gilbert, Mesa (you'll have to be picky in Mesa), and Queen Creek.

If you look off of Patton Road around 250th ave, you'll find 1acre lots with new houses for about $350k.

....Then, you're just down the road from the Vulture mountains and Wickenburg.[/QUOTE]

and right next to EGYPT!:applause:

That is way out there.

There are some good opportunities in Maricopa, Queen Creek, Surprise, Buckeye and Gilbert. There are good and not so good areas everywhere so you'll really need to see for yourself. I'm an eastsider out in Gilbert so my preference would be Gilbert, Mesa (you'll have to be picky in Mesa), and Queen Creek.

Thats what I was thinking.. but that is further than a 30 minute drive to where he works.

dates will be april 16 - 20th to come check out Arizona...i hope to get in alot of the state and check some of the riding areas while i am at it...thanks for the info guys.... pretty much what i want is a home not ontop of my neighbors but not to far out not to get high speed internet (wife is a graphics designer) works from home and a 3 car garage with some land......... for under 500k. I hope it can be done there, cause it CAN NOT be done in California anymore. :applause: thanks for the responses.

Greg

dates will be april 16 - 20th to come check out Arizona...i hope to get in alot of the state and check some of the riding areas while i am at it...thanks for the info guys.... pretty much what i want is a home not ontop of my neighbors but not to far out not to get high speed internet (wife is a graphics designer) works from home and a 3 car garage with some land......... for under 500k. I hope it can be done there, cause it CAN NOT be done in California anymore. :applause: thanks for the responses.

Greg

Thats doable in your price range..The northwest valley has a lot of dirtbikers out that way that ride up around lake pleasent..If your working in peoria, thats the side of town you want to be on...

http://www.southwestdirtrider.com/cgi/yabb/YaBB.cgi#general_cat

The link above is to a site which has a lot of members from that side of town..Post there, they may be able to answer some of your questions..

if i were you i would check out buckeye.... there are one acre lots/homes beeing built everywhere!! i do realty signs for our local agents and and there are some nice ones that ive been to! theres alot on HWY 85 between downtown and jackrabbit rd/tuthill rd. plus there are alot of riding areas out here(if you like single track, theres ALOT) to.... check it out.

Curtis Beard

east valley is kinda rough for that, although in the current slump lots of things open up.

Thats what I was thinking.. but that is further than a 30 minute drive to where he works.

maybe more.. he would also be driving across town. If he will be working in peoria, north & west would be better choices.. what are the choices around lake pleasant?

You should look around with a knowledgable realtor, & based on price, convenience, & other factors you can pick whatever's best for you. This is a good time to buy, but if you could just rent somewhere for 3-6 months, you could be learning the area & where you prefer. They you would also get to know prices so you could recognize a good deal. good luck with your decision!

scotty:cool:

maybe more.. he would also be driving across town. If he will be working in peoria, north & west would be better choices.. what are the choices around lake pleasant?

You should look around with a knowledgable realtor, & based on price, convenience, & other factors you can pick whatever's best for you. This is a good time to buy, but if you could just rent somewhere for 3-6 months, you could be learning the area & where you prefer. They you would also get to know prices so you could recognize a good deal. good luck with your decision!

scotty:cool:

We are going tomarrow to AZ :worthy: Meeting up with a realtor, we decided to RENT for 6 months, makes sense as you say, to look around and get to know the area...Hope to see you guys on the trails someday! :ride: Thanks for the INPUT........ See ya 4/16/07 ARIZONA :ride:.......:thumbsup:

I went, I saw, I like....WE MOVING! Looks like it will be to Chandler...It's nice there and not to far to RIDE...Well, it's not to far to ride anywhere in Arizona it seems...I envy you guys...............

Ride SAFE...........

Greg

let us know when you get out here. I work in chandler, and live in the mesa aj border area. lots of places to play.

Greg, We're in Tempe, just north of Chandler... We're looking to move out to Queen Creek, possibly even a bit further... we're also looking for a decent size lot. It's LONG way (time wise in rush hour) to get to Peoria from Chandler!! With no traffic, you can do it in 40 minutes, but in rush hour, you'll be looking about an hour EASY, closer to 90 minutes, more than likely.

I do field service and drive all over the state... I HATE having to go cross town during rush hour!!

Anyhow, Although you're not quite here yet, Welcome to the Valley of the Sun!!

Maybe we can hook up at some point... I'm a total newbie to this stuff, but seems like a GREAT way to spend time with my son and the girls/wife as well. We've got a 34ft RV, so we're planning on taking some nice weekends out. Just need to acquire some decent rides!!

Cheers!

Ron

Thanks for the replys. AS for the Peoria thing, I did not take the job, so it's back to looking for a Low Voltage Job when i get there.......The job in Peoria, I had to use my own TRUCK, Ah No thanks..If a company can not provide me a truck, I won't work for them. Gas and Insurance is just to expensive. So if you know of a Low Voltage Company, let me know:) I be looking.........:applause:

Hope ya get some rides in soon, and BE SAFE.

Greg