Sign in to follow this  

Forks - Serviced and Revalved by FC

TTers,

I just had my forks and shock serviced and revalved by Factory Connection. I've been using them for the past three years and everything has been great. However, I rode the bike today for the first time since the service and noticed a light oil ring 3/4 of the way down each tube. The ring was very faint, but nonetheless it was oil.:applause: I can't remember seeing this the last time the forks were serviced and was wondering if this is normal after a service. I compressed the forks while holding the front brake numerous times and could not see any oil. I was thinking maybe there was a little oil between the oil seal and dust seal. Any thoughts?

Thanks....

They have a new seal now that they are using (the grey ones). I just put them in my forks and they did the same thing. I'm not worried.

Thanks Mikerides 33.....

Racer 24 - I had them revalve the suspension a year ago for a Vet C rider. FC will revalve the suspension for free when you have them perform a service. I had them revalve it for a Vet B rider last month when they perfomed a service. It cost me $200.

I just replaced my oil seals this weekend . The first step before assembly is to coat the inner tube with fork oil . I'm guessing this light film is what you are seeing " scraped " down . The first good wash will cure it . :applause: