Water in the Tranny box KX65 ----

Help--

The sight glass on the Transmission oil on the KX 65 is completely clouded over (white). I figured that water has made it’s way in some how. The radiator cap does not have white dots inside from oil / water mix. What is happening? Do you think it’s a leak from the head / coolant system? Or a leak from riding in puddles?

Thanks,

Scott

It's a 2002 KX 65

Most likely it's not the water seal. My sons bike did the same thing when running regular motor oil. Change the oil and run type F trans fluid in there and after a few oil changes the motor oil will be gone. Make sure the pressure relief hose on the back of the engine is free of dirt clogging the bottom of the hose. This will also cause moisture to be drawn back into the engine causing the glass to fog. While the engine is running that hose is blowing and sucking in air just like all 4pokers. But yes it could also be the water seal but the oil would be milky if that was the problem.

Thanks for the replies from 02YZ426 and FPMXer.

I drained the oil out and found zero evidence of moisture or coolant in the oil. The oil was not milky just a little dirty, so it's probably not a coolant leak. I switched back to the brand of the 10-40 motor oil that I used before. I will give that a go and switch to type F automatic transmission fluid or a synthetic 10-40 if that doesn't work.

Thanks for the advice! The KX lives on! :applause:

Scott