Sign in to follow this  

SS Powerbomb/E muffler....Done

Just finished installing this combo onto my S. Easy install! Just had th make a small tab for the center mount issue. I still have to attach the heat shield mount to the header but that I can do that, with the welder, at work on Mon. I also found it necessary to clean up the header to muffler gasket a little with a dremel flapper wheel so the header could easily slide in.

I know better than to comment on output, but definitely has less engine breaking!

Found the header at WickedThunder.com for $169.00 which is by far the best price I've seen. Got the E can on ebay for $81.00(probably cheaper if I was willing to wait). So all together about $290.00 shipped. If weight isn't an issue and stealth is, I recommend this route.

Cheers, Joel H.

Just finished installing this combo onto my S. Easy install! Just had th make a small tab for the center mount issue. I still have to attach the heat shield mount to the header but that I can do that, with the welder, at work on Mon. I also found it necessary to clean up the header to muffler gasket a little with a dremel flapper wheel so the header could easily slide in.

I know better than to comment on output, but definitely has less engine breaking!

Found the header at WickedThunder.com for $169.00 which is by far the best price I've seen. Got the E can on ebay for $81.00(probably cheaper if I was willing to wait). So all together about $290.00 shipped. If weight isn't an issue and stealth is, I recommend this route.

Cheers, Joel H.

Good advice! Now how about a few pictures, especially of the home made bits....:applause:

Sorry,no pics(I'm not that advanced). As for as the bit, it was just a piece of 14ga. about a 1' by 1"+1/2 long with two holes. If you have a welder around you could get real trick and just relocate the boss, on the pipe, to line up with the stock S mount.

Cheers, Joel H.

Hi roach, :lol:

For what you got, that's a dang good price!:lol::applause:

So how does it sound? Can you feel any difference in how the engine responds and performs? Man... you just gotta take some pics and post them!

Take Care,

Greg

Stock sound, maybe a little throatier. Defiantly less engine braking!

Sorry, with motorcycles, 4X4s, trips to Europe, and climbing trips to pay for, I don't budget for cameras.

Joel H.

P.S. Now I have two stock spark arresters,one of which, I will drill out the restrictor!