Sign in to follow this  

Personalized Suspension Setup

Rode the DRZ today after Suspension set up WOW, what a difference! Added new springs, front and rear(for my weight) gold valves f/r , Race Tech . The DRZ has a brand new personality. IMHO handling is everthing, 3rd bike of done to this level and its worth the cash. The bike tracks straight and wants to go faster then I can go! The rear shock was a marshmellow before, now it just eats up the nasty stuff.(read: SouthJersey SAND woooops, They build them DEEP around these parts)Honestly didn't think it would be this much of a difference. Very happy camper.:applause:

Good to here! I'm hoping to do some suspension mods real soon myself. Did you install the gold valves yourself?? Also, what weight oil did you use?

Didn't do it myself but my local mechanic just used the racetech recommendations. Racetech reps were very helpful and easy to work with.

Didn't do it myself but my local mechanic just used the racetech recommendations. Racetech reps were very helpful and easy to work with.

I am at a loss about my suspension.

Can you share some of your settings etc?

Height weight, and # of clicks on each area.

I have screwed with mine a bit, but I can't even come close. I need a good starting place.

dave

Dave , where are you at now stock? Check out the Racetech or the mx tech web site they both have spring calculators to figure what spring rate you need for your weight and riding style. My springs were way soft for my weight. Have you set the rear sag? It will make a difference. My fork,C=10,R=8, shock C=15,HSC=3.5, R=15