Sign in to follow this  

X4 Review...

I'm a man a few words so I'll cut the crap and let you guys know my opinion of the Pitster Pro x4

The suspension works like a dream. The forks work killer and you can really feel the extra travel that they have. I did bottom them out a couple of times but thats what happens when you over shoot the landing. The SGR forks perform like the forks on a big bike, by far the best pit bike forks I've felt.

rear suspension- amazing. This bike seems to never get loose or wash out.Plus the bike lenght allows oyu to sit way back on the seat or right over the gas tank.

Jumps- I was hitting tables as hard as I wanted and seemed to love it. The bigger I went the better it handled. I few times a hit some jumps that had some bad lips and while I was off balance it didn't seem to effect how the x4 landed- the x4 picks up the slack on rider error.

Whoops, ruts and holes- I could hammer the whoops and this bike would float through them, skipping across the top of them. The track was pretty chopped up in some spots but I couldn't even feel the rough stuff.

Engine- while this bike will smoke the stock x2r I would like to a little more power. The bigger pipe gives it plenty of room to breathe so a larger carb might to the trick.

Bar height- I was sketchy at first to fell how high the bars were but to my surprise it was about right on. I would a bar that is about an inch lower. But my wife really liked how it was, so did a few of the other guys (and girls) that went out riding with us today, it is a matter of perference.

Cornering- dam the lower i got the more it hooked up, this thing rails the burms. it hooks up well and gives the rider lots of control.

My Opinion- this bike out performs any other pit bike I've ever ridden. And has lots of little things that can help you fine tune it to your riding style- fully adjustable shock and adjustment for the rear shock mount, adjustable forks, bar riser positioning, and alot more. I would like to have a little more power thats all.

here are some pics of us riding today( I'll post some footage when it gets done loading onto my computer....

whoopskandtcopy.jpg

burmtlow1close.jpg

jump_whipkaleb3.jpg

pitsterlineup.jpg

jump_whipkaleb.jpg

DSCN0035.jpg

I'm from hemet, ca but I'm living in utah right now. Hey I'm about to load the video so check it out hope you guys like it.

wish i lived in cali...

I hear you I'm tired of winter.Must be nice to ride whenever you feel like it you west coast boys have it made and I envy you.Nice pics Magic looks like you had fun.Keep us posted:ride:

Thanks for the review. This is extremely usefull, as few people have actually had time to get their and ride it due to crap weather on the east coast anway. I like that picture of your "corral" of mini's ! Over time, let us know f you find anything that does not hold up or other recommended upgrades.

Hey, question for you. Is your review on the X4 or X4r or both? the pics show you on the X4r ( i am assuming since it has the fat bar handlebar on it).If you also have the x4r, how is that?

Hey, question for you. Is your review on the X4 or X4r or both? the pics show you on the X4r ( i am assuming since it has the fat bar handlebar on it).If you also have the x4r, how is that?

My review is on the x4. The x4r that was there is a test bike that pitster is doing some stuff with, so it wasn't the production x4r so I can't really say a whole alot about it cause I don't know what they are going to do with it. And If any issues come up with the x4 I'll address them.

I made a vid that has footage of x4s and that x4r check it out to see the bikes in action

This is definitely good news. I have a x2 and my X4 should be here soon. My only issue with my x2 was the fact that the rear end would wash out on me like crazy. I'm glad to hear the X4 is better.

I think we need a opinion from somebody that hasn't owned a bunch of pitsters. In your other thread you had pictures of your wife or girlfriend. Well we can see the many pitster boxes behind you and her. How do we know your not good friends with the guys there? How do we know you don't work there? I say let a guy that owns a Honda based bike ride it for a bit. Then we can get a un biased review of the bike. Also the track that you were on looks like it was ment for a bone stock 50 ridin by a five year old.

MR_BBR

I think we need a opinion from somebody that hasn't owned a bunch of pitsters. In your other thread you had pictures of your wife or girlfriend. Well we can see the many pitster boxes behind you and her. How do we know your not good friends with the guys there? How do we know you don't work there? I say let a guy that owns a Honda based bike ride it for a bit. Then we can get a un biased review of the bike. Also the track that you were on looks like it was ment for a bone stock 50 ridin by a five year old.

MR_BBR

Ha ha, Well you don't really know now do you. Thats just it, anyone can say anything behind a computer, so I guess this whole forum thing is freakin retarded. But I will tell you I'm not a pitster employee nor a dealer Mr. BBR. I went and picked up my wife's bike from pitster and put it together there. And as for some letting some random take off and ride our new bike, hell no!!! I don't anyonewould let some random they don't know ride there brand new bike. But if I knew you then I wouldn't mind. And don't try and say that I doubt this bike because I don't want a stranger to ride it.

And the track we we're riding on was on the small size, but had some large tables that no stock 50 could clear, watch the video it doesn't lie. It shows some of my friends on these bikes riding. We're big boys and these bikes worked great or maybe you you can't see that. Sorry I didn't have a bigger track to ride on, I mean I would of loved to show everyone I can go big and that our new pitster can handle big hits. Lucky for everyone there is a pretty big race in Mesquite this weekend so if you want to see how well the x4 handles head out and race then you can see with your real eyes and not worry out any trick photography that might of been used.

To me you seem like another knock hater. Its ok you can have your opinion but don't try and call me out on lame crap when you have no clue what your talking about. If anyone wants to find out if I work at pitster CALL THEM and ask. I gave an honest review of a new bike.