Sign in to follow this  

Fork Oil

allright i tried posting this in the suspension forum but no luck:

is changing the fork oil simple as taking off the bolt at the bottom of the fork, draining the oil and refilling it, i have always thought it took dissasembly of some type to do this, but have never ever done it, what do you say fellas?

and does that do the inner chamber, or outer or both?

thanks in advance

im pretty sure you have to take some stuff apart but you might need a manual to do it. ive heard some people say it was hard and others say it was easy but I really dont know

I'm betting that you don't have a bike that's old enough to change the fork oil the way you described. And when I say older I'm not talking abouta '00 or a bike from the '90's. You will probably need to take the forks off, remove the caps (loosen them while they're still on the bike) and pump the oil out with them upside down. If you have any mechanical experience at all it really is very easy, but I would suggest you get a manual, or have someone who knows how help you for your first time.

i think you have fork oil for the outer side of the tube, and inner oil which you unscrew the top and pour in the center?