Sign in to follow this  

hitch trailers again?

Pros cons? I need to get out to the good riding area but do not want to buy a big burley trailer. What about these hitch trailers? Yes I know I could ride there but I am looking for a hitch trailers. Which ones are good? Thanks

do you mean a hitch HAULER?

The rack that goes inte the receiver hitch to hold a bike?

Sarge here on TT makes a great Aluminum one, graet big $$$ tho.

I have heard Hitch Haul and Joe Hauler make good ones too. Cabela's has one for $179.

I bought a hitch hauler on eBay for $139 shipped, assembled it in 15 minutes, loaded my new to me 400E on it at the POs house and drove it 600 miles home. No problems at all. Just enter "motorcycle hauler" or something similar in the eBay search.

Mine is a single bike hauler. If I had it to repeat, I might go for the two bike hauler just to ensure some riding friends can go along in the future.

Oh, and I bought some $50 magnetic trailer lights to use on the roof of my old Suburban as aux lights. Here in the NE, if a cop can't fully see all the vehicle's lights from the rear (say, blocked by a motorcycle's wheels), the vehicle is in violation. The lights have a strong magnetic base that didn't budge and didn't mar the paint.

Some new tiedowns raised the total invested to about $210. No trailer licensing fees, no additional fees for road tolls, no little tires to blow out, as easy to install and remove as a trailer. Leans against the wall of the garage when not in use. Weighs about 45 lbs. Hauling limit: 400 lbs.

I should have put more effort into cleaning all the road salt off the hauler, though. The aluminum is a splotchy mess right now. I will use some Flitz on it after I use it again in two weeks.

Hope this helps.