Sign in to follow this  

Disc Gaurds

Who makes disc gaurds for 2007 wr 250's and R & D is rediculus $195 and $185 for front and then rear.

Rooster makes front guards, it's the same as the TE250 guard.

Promoto billet makes a universal left guard for the rear, the rear took a little screwing around to get it to fit the holes didn't quite line up, it looks good and seems to pretty strong.

I am running the Promoto Billet on my 2006 Wr 250 on the rear and it fit's good. It alos seems to be strong.

Our Roosters have held up to the Baja 1000 to La Paz last year, 2 BITD races, 2 National Hare and Hounds and 7 D-38 desert races this year and last so far without a problem. Great rock protection for these two wheel rock magnets we ride:ride: .

I was over at Rooster yesterday, and Scott hooked me up with the new black front disc guard ( same as four stroke ) for my 07 WR-250. He used my bike to fit up a rear guard ( slight modification to the four stroke ). Wait to buy a rear guard & check with Scott, they should be ready soon. The new black finnish is really cool. If someone could tell me how to post pictures, you can see for yourself.

I can't seem to find a web site or dealer that sell Rooster disc guards. Anyone have contact info?

Just a side note about the Rooster front disc guards, they are more suited for front and bottom impacts rather than side impacts, the mount is only about 3/16 thick and then there are two hole drilled in that as well so it bends pretty easy from side impacts (i know from experience) it would have been better to not drill the holes in the mount, and also you can't use a socket on the inside pinch bolt you need a wrench.

I tend to blunder my way through the bush and rocks rather than finesse around, so I need some sturdy guards. Would you recommend the Rooster disc guard or should I try someting else? I just liked the look, I haven't had one in my hands to check it out. Also, any recommendations for rad guards or skid plate? Thanks.

Steve

Side impacts on the Rooster guard will help a little bit, but it is the only option as far as i know. I have the Rooster rad guards and they are nice and fit well, i have a Utah skid plate, fits good just ask for a spare frame clamp and drill another hole in the back, they only have three clamps and i have smashed the skid plate from the side and bent the clamp and the whole thing gets loose:ride: