trade?

hey guys have a question? i have a 2001 yz250 i bought a couple months ago,i also have a 2004 honda crf450.since i have boughten the yz i have only ridden my crf 5 laps around the track( 5 minutes). i am haveing a blast on the yz250.i've thought about selling both bikes and getting an 2005 or newer yz250. i have a guy who wants to trade me his 2005 yz250 for my crf450. question is, should i upgrade to the 05 aluminum frame,and suspension and have one bike,or should i just keep on enjoying my 2001 yz250 and keep both bikes? thanks

I would keep a 4 stroke and a two stroke if I were you (just keep the bikes you have now) because you're going to want to ride both. It would be nicer to have the 05 rather than th 01 but it would be even nicer to have a crf450 and a yz250 IMO.

well itook your guys advice i sold my 2001 yz250 tonight for$1900, and i am meeting the guy this weekend to make the trade, even up. and after i get the bike i will be buying some goodies for it. i'm going to have to get in better shape the 450 made me a lazy rider! but i need to be in better shape! thanks

I would really look into selling the CRF out right for cash. Than get an 06-07 yz250. The suspension was upgraded quite a bit in 06. I have read that you can get the 05 valved pretty close to the 06. Just something to think about. The 06 will also have more value than a modded out 05.

traded the crf450 today for a 2005 yz250 that is decked out and was owned by a motorcycle mechanic. it hits alot harder than my 2001 yz250 did. i hope after i put the stock pipe and silencer back on it ,and a 11 or 13 oz flywheel weight it will tame it down a little.

traded the crf450 today for a 2005 yz250 that is decked out and was owned by a motorcycle mechanic. it hits alot harder than my 2001 yz250 did. i hope after i put the stock pipe and silencer back on it ,and a 11 or 13 oz flywheel weight it will tame it down a little.

lets see a pic