Sign in to follow this  

fcr mx help please "i know i am a nub"

high got my fcr mx installed fine

took par suff off front grinded the plate and fill hole with weld and bolted back on

cut the 3x3 hole (about 2.8 by 3.1) or something like that

emn nedldle on 3 from top

removed the air thing (left side in bell mouth)

bike feels real strong but will not idle.

i have 3x3 full yosh RS3 and brand new fcr mx with stock needle(jet) not using correct names but i am a nub)all i changed was the emr and put in a emn

i am at 500 ft above sea level

any ideas.

PS i have none of the hoses hooked up to anything this is right or wrong???? i belive they are all vent hoses other than fuel line to petcock

also i didnt need to hook up vacum to petcock cos i have a AU sm and it dosent have pri on it only on off and res with no vacum line evewn on stock one this is also rigth or wrong????

thansk in advance shadow

update i have it idling now but revs are going up and down while sitting still no pattern to it

(one thing i found was a big rubber hose on airbox boot that need to blocked off as i couldnt find anywhere for it to go to)

i went for a test ride and i am getting a lot of craclking off throttle under hard decelration.

bike is running and feels a lot better but i still need a help to tune it up good.

ok checked carb i have a 160 main(i think its called)

as per stock tt kit

(i never got the 155 at all) if i was suppose to

specs as posted above

another issue i have is idle screw seems to be right at the end of its travel when trying to use it i think bike will run ok if i could get idle screw to engage right but it binds the spring right up on it and it gets very tight throttle postionis at end of travel so i am not sure how to fix this am i doing something wrong???

Either you have a vacum leak or the wrong pilot het or the there is a problem with your fuel screw.

What pilot jet do you have it, should be a #45

Do you have the fuels screw assembled right? Should be screw/spring/washer/O-ring

Any of the PAR stuff vacum ports left open?

Stock exhaust should be using a 155 main.

The fact that youir idle speed knob (Black plasitc) is screwed all the way in means you have something messed up as I said in my previous posting regarding the idle circuit.

took par suff off front grinded the plate and fill hole with weld and bolted back on

What hole did you fill with weld? I had to file (very carefully) on the housing of the slow air jet for the SUDCO adapter to fit on flush on mine. Is that the plate you are talking about?

Not sure I understand why something had to be filled with weld, especially on a new carb.

CC

update just finished pulling it all off to check again

as for vacum i dont see anywhere for vacum to go i have all pink lines running to shock and ground(ie free breathing/venting)

i have the AU SM petcock which is only res on off turn it off fuel is off full stop no vacum needed

no left over holes that i can find plugged the breather on air box other one there is still runing to where ever it goes(shoule i remove this)

yes fuel screw mix is in right order (thats soimething i check tonight)

jets are stuff are stock tt kit 160 and 45 i think i checked them tonight and compared to sheet (just forgot now i am tired been doing it most the day)

i change the emr thing for the emn one like people said to do

all rubbers are set fine triple checked tonight

fuel mix is at 2 turns out now

idles fine with choke but revs pick up

hole is 3 1/4 by 2 7/8 (close enough for me)

controls are all freely moving no binding

idle will reach trottle now but it to late to try it neibours already spit today at all the nosie and crap

will order a kientech feul mix tomorrow (i wish i had read somewhere just once how much of a pian it is to adjust without it yes i know i was toold a million times to get one but i never really thought of the reason)

par stuff is all gone and yes i grinded off the pipe use plate on the end of it and filled the outside (no overflow to level inside surface) its airtight i tested it.

bolted it back on

my guess is its fule mix seems to rich (is there a quick way to test this)

rides fine up the revs all the way to the top

idle is whats not right

will fire it up in the morning and post.

ok tryed it this morning same thing runs fine with choke (revs come up a bit) 2 or 3 secs after you put choke in it dies.

any ideas.

other than stalling it sounds fine

ok vacum leak

heres what i belive i have

a new fcr mx all hoses running to bottom of frame and venting(i belive this is right as thats what it says on the website in specs sheet)

two rubber hoses off rear rubber boot one blocked off (went to old carb) the other one is still attached to system and no open end.

par stuff at fron of motor took it all off and cut plate off end and filled with weld bolted back on(plate was airtight)

only thing connecting carb to bike other than rubbers is fuel line(is this correct)

petcock dosent need vacum line to operate AU SM model on off res no pri)

checked all rubbers check air filter

correct me if i am wrong but idle is all done with fuel mixture screw needle postion is for mid range jet is for full throttle.

my thinking is i have to screw fuel mixture screw in all the way maybe try half a turn out (is this something i should try)

as for vacum leak i anot saying there isnt one i just cant find it.

ok update time

i now have idle about where it should be (but i need choke out to get it to idle) idle is set with choke out will not run other wise

went for a run with throttle open and choke in bike feels like it has less power and crackals when coming off the throttle till but 80% range in gear) also crackals when hard gearing down (loading up engine)

pipe is not red when run finished pipe tip is black no smeel of fuel

am i right in think vacum is fine if it runs as well as i does

PS with choke on i feels like it pulls stronger right up through all gears(seat of the pants dyno only)

i run it all the way to the top no flat spots or bog anywhere(other than idle i guess)

any help here would be good i know its close just dont have enough braisn to know what to do next

sudco part number for my carb is 016-925 fcr mx without tps and hotstart

stockk tt kit as posted above

please i am begging you all help me sort this i know its close

have order long fuel mix screw today will have it in a week or so also a k&n filtercombo from guy with kientech fuel screws( i am guess this will mess with it a bit as well

will it be ok to run around on the choke for e a week or so.

hey dont feel bad my bike does the same thing yours does and i can not figure it out either. I have 05 Drz sm full yoshi trs and the TT39 fcr-mx all set to spec. Runs like a scalding dog but idles like CRAP and dies sometimes when slowing down and when you pull in the cluch it dies. I have tried everything i just can not figure it out either. I thought vacumm leak to but can not find it. Please i need help to.

Yes i removed pilot air jet. 2 turns on screw I can not find a air leak anywhere. I used Wd-40 around all connects and the idle never changed so its not leaking. I even put a 48 pilot jet in it. It still had all the same problems , but just slower because to Rich

yes i also removed the air thing (left under bell) as posted by eddie.

i belive mine is to lean i will pull it off tonight and adjust it to see if that helps

can i test this just by taping off part off 3x3 hole (i know this is not a fix cos i will need that air at full noise but can i test it this way)

PS is half a turn on fuel mixture going to make that much of a change i am at 2 turns now and 2.5 is the max isnt it

ok 2.5 turns it idles fine but surges now and agin (crack throttle fixes it most times)

runs hard now all the way but i am getting excessive crackling popping (--on exhust side sounds behind me all the time not in carb or motor --) on dec in all gears if i let off throttle 100% am i right in thinking its running to rich now

should i try 2.3 turns

one good thing got carb change down to 40 mins now so i guess its good for something.

(still wishing i got the extened fuel mix screw)

Taping the air box makes no difference at idle. You are taking the bike out, riding, coming to a stop and the idle issue is present, or are you just testing in the garage?

Shadow, you ar still exhibiting signs of leaness.