Sign in to follow this  

450 exc gearing

I have been running 15/51 gearing on my bike and have been for the most part happy with my setup, but after reviewing several forums on several sights I can't find anyone running the same setup. Am I missing anything? I do about 50/50 trail/easy mx. Any comments or suggestions.

The 15/51 gearing is only good for MPG and that is questionable, but I belive it helps pass the EPA crap.

With a 14/51 or 14/52 you will have better top end speed and everthing else...you won't go back to the 15.

This bike/transmission has such a huge range that most any gearing combo will work, range of 14x50 to 14x52 being superb. A 15 will not go faster as it will not have the power to pull 6th gear to the rev limiter

With a 15/51 combo what kind of max mph can I expect? So far I have had my bike up to 88mph with the nobbies on pavement. It was a short burst with the engine revving pretty high, but still seemed to have a little steam left. Just curious.?

Mine is running 14/49 and i can get it up to 174km/h (which isn't hitting the rev limiter yet). So whatever that is in miles per hour should help you out a bit. I think it might be around the 105mph mark.

If switched from 15/51 to 14/51 what kind of difference should I expect? Can I still use the stock chain with this combo? Thanks everybody!:applause:

Yes you can use the stock chain. I like 14/52. Gives good yank in 2nd and 3rd, but still can cruise at 60 mph in 6th.

It is not going to effect top speed, just crawling speed.

Top would go about 95 with either gear as power, rolling resistance and wind resistance are going to limit it long before gears (which would theortically go more like 120) I have heard of 525s pulling 108, same gears, more power