insurance...

Kinda put my self in not so great situation. Basically have to sell my truck and my bike. Now I'm lookin at a street bike to get to and from. Can anyone tell me how much insurance migth cost a month for a 17 year old on a japanese 600? ( cbr, r6, gsxr) please, spare me the age/responsibilty comments, just askin for some stats. thanks

well long story, so here it goes. My old man pays my insurance, and he said if I ever get pulled over, hes canceling it. So the other I day I get pulled over, and get cited for a provisionary violation. which theres 6 months w/ suspended license. Usually you can get off with less during court if you are your only means of transportation blah blh blah, which I am so I got that goin for me. So bam, there goes license and insurance. On top of that, I lost my job because my boss couldn't afford to pay me anymore. On top of that, I still owe about 1300 on my 450. So now I'm out of work, havn't been able to get one, now I really not gonna be able to get one cause I cant even drive myself to work. So seems how I cant drive my truck, and gonna lose my bike if dont get money fast, I need to sell it to keep my bike. By summer I might have my license back, and I live in a college town so getting a job is cake, but now I have no truck, so I gotta sell my bike to get a truck, so I can get to work and earn myself another bike. But I'm seriously considering selling both and buyin a streetbike, so I can at least get places for the next 3-6 months. Get a job, earn more money, get myself back on my feet again. So thats the plan. told ya it was long

what is a provisionary violation?

for the first year you have your license, you have a provisionary license. Meaning you cant drive w/ anyone under the age of 25, and cant drive past 11:30. I had 3 girls in the car when I got pulled over the first time, which is against the law.

for the first year you have your license, you have a provisionary license. Meaning you cant drive w/ anyone under the age of 25, and cant drive past 11:30. I had 3 girls in the car when I got pulled over the first time, which is against the law.

OH CRAP..:applause:

Was it the first time you got pulled over for driving people under 25yr? Because I thought the first time you got caught, it was only like a $100 fine.

With my experience in road bikes and paying for insurence on them I think you should run like your a$$ is on fire the other way from a sport bike and get a daulsport or old beater until you can show some years with no claims and an mc endorsement on the license. I pay over 500/yr for full coverage on my 2000 Buell and I am old (33) with a clean record. When I was in my teens I had people quote me thousands per year for bare basic take care of the other guy only insurance. Good luck with this hurdle in life.

So if you're going to get your license suspended for violating the provisions of your probationary driving period, you're going to get a motorcycle and ride that???

I'm lost here.:applause:

If you're not going to have a license, maybe a bus pass and a MT bike would be best, it'll suck, as there is no way to get 3 chicks on your pedal power ride, but you will have a much better chance of reinstatement if you're not racking up more tickets that start at "Driving while suspended".

I'd sell the 450, pay off the note, keep the PU until you need to sell it, or sell it and buy a DS bike like a DRZ or something similar-keep the CC's as small as possible, most insurance company's tend to look unfavorably on folks under 25 with a sportbike, or anything over 600 cc's.

Example: At 18, I bought a Goldwing 1200 Interstate to save on gas for commuting (45 miles each way).

I shopped high and low, and many insurance company's were quoting me $2400/yr for liability only, and that is adding it to my PU's full coverage insurance too, which combined was going to be $400 per month. This was more than my rent, so I "sold" the bike to my father who was in his late 50's, and he insured it for $23 per month, and "borrowed" it to me-he never once threw a leg over that bike in the 4 years he "owned" it.:applause:

....it'll suck, as there is no way to get 3 chicks on your pedal power ride.....
You under estimate the ingenuity of a young teen. When I was 13 or 14 I had three guys on my BMX. One on the bars, one standing on the back pegs and one on my shoulders.:applause:

There's no reason it couldn't have been three chicks, so don't worry, young man.

You under estimate the ingenuity of a young teen. When I was 13 or 14 I had three guys on my BMX. One on the bars, one standing on the back pegs and one on my shoulders.:applause:

There's no reason it couldn't have been three chicks, so don't worry, young man.

Yeah, but what 3 chicks are gonna wanna do that, when they could ride in a car that has AC, comfortable seats, and tunes with that other guy from school??

And the 3 you may be able to find that are willing to do that, you most likely won't want to be seen with.

chickenhualer, My drivers license is being suspended, not motorcycle permit.

Besides, after thinkin about it, and talkin to the parents, i think I'm gonna keep the truck, I just got my job back, hopefully be able to keep my bike till summer, sell the bike, and just settle down for a while. just gonna have to wait and see

Man, I hate to sound like an old bastard but it sure is different for you young guys than it was for us. I remember my buddy getting a DUI at 16 and only paying a fine! California sure has changed since I was a kid.

Sorry for your situation, bud. Keep your head up and just grind through this. It might seem like forever but it'll go by fast. Just don't dig a deeper hole for yourself by getting busted again. Good luck.

chickenhualer, My drivers license is being suspended, not motorcycle permit.

Besides, after thinkin about it, and talkin to the parents, i think I'm gonna keep the truck, I just got my job back, hopefully be able to keep my bike till summer, sell the bike, and just settle down for a while. just gonna have to wait and see

You may want to do some checking on that one, if you're DL is suspended, then all your driving privileges are suspended, this includes MC endorsement, CDL, and any other endorsements needed to operate on the road, unless you can convince the judge that you need certain things to earn a living, and it isn't very often that flys.

Example-there used to be a time when CDL holders would get their license suspended for violations, and the judge would state "Only allowed to drive for work purposes", but those days are just about over.