Sign in to follow this  

Bent my front brake rotor

Well that sucked I could not for the life of me figure out why I suddenly had no front brake. I thought the line had ruptured. I knew I had hit a 6" log at speed protruding into the trail but had not idea of the damage it had done till later. I got home and tried bleeding the brakes same thing. I did not discover the bent rotor till this morning while trying to spin the front wheel.:lol: I though the thing was hard to push out of the truck yesterday afternoon. Now I am rotor shopping headed fro the search function right now.:applause:

Is the '05~'06 front rotors the same as '07?

Holy Crap you need to buy more now?? you need 2 things 1) a money tree 2) a tank!!

Sorry dont know bout the rotors but i dont think they changed them on the 07

Look up the parts numbers that might help you.

Truely I love coming on here and finding out what else you broke or bent. Im not laughing at you but damn! ya got to sit back and get a chuckle. You must really throw that thing around!!

let me know when you are going to sell that, Im sure by that time it will ALL be aftermarket and new parts hahaha

Really, sorry to hear of your latest problem!

MS 450, you and I got our 07 bikes at about the same time. I went my entire 30 years riding mx without bending a rotor. I bent mine on the 2nd ride. I bought a tusk stainless and it works fine but if you really get on the front, it howls a bit.

Yep I had a bit of bad luck thats for sure. 1st rotor I have ever bent on a dirtbike, strange how it happened it was on the slowest trail one that I hate.

I went with a EBC for now if I bend it I'm going back with a Tusk alot cheaper almost two to one.

I also ordered a 50T rear since my new riding area is full of hills and hollows some of the hills I had to hit in 2nd at almost full throttle to clear the top.:lol: The tighter sections I rarely got out of 1st and the bike was getting hot. I had my 48T on the rear at the time big mistake.:applause:

Bike is working well though, 20+ hours and not so much as a wimper its even cranking by the 3rd kick most times when hot.

Glad to hear you're having good luck....except for the minor stuff. I've got about 16 hrs on mine and all is well. Valves are still in spec. I bought a zip-ty air screw because my riding changes in elevation by 1000' daily.

It starts 1st kick almost every time warm and no more than 3 cold. I was paranoid to do it at first but 3 twists of the throttle when it's cold and it fires almost immediately.

You're right about riding tight stuff. Even stock, 1st gear can be too tall for slow technical riding. 4th is quite short at the same time when you break out onto fast road. But then, I don't need to do 70 mph.

My wife just opened the door to the garage. I can smell it. MMMmmm, gasolene..... Maybe I'll bag work an go riding today!

I twist my throttle 5 times stone cold and it usually fires 3~4 kicks and idles instantly. Hot while out on the trail if it does not fire by the 3rd kick I usually have to slow kick it 2~3 times with hot start on to clear it then it'll fire right up. As bad as it sounds it is cranking better now since I switched to a blend of race gas and premium pump gas mix. My pinging is gone also. Never fouls a plug. I think I had been oiling my air filter too much which could explain my starting difficuties earlier.