Sign in to follow this  

OffRoad HS Rules 2007 - Question

In the supplemental rules it states..."Starts will be dead engine

with riders astride their motorcycles. No straddling the front wheel." Does this only pertain to NATIONAL HS races only or to any AMA Sanctioned HS races.

Also, what is the deal with putting the riders number on each side of the helmet? I see some do it, but most don't. Is this an option for the riders choosing or is it mandatory. If an option, I do not see why such a thing would have to even be mentioned in the rules. The key word I see is "MAY", so I assume it is an option. Just want others input / clarification on it as I recently got in a heated debate over it.

My guess (and it's just that, a guess) is that it applies to Nationals and locals can use these rules if they so choose.

Nat H-S's use a bar code sticker on the left side of your helmet only & tape a transponder on your fender , I've raced some D-15 H-S's where they had you straddle your front tire ( Ligonier,IN) but its a rare occasion

Unless something has changed that just means you will start sitting on your bike but the engine is not running until the starter gives you the signal to go. Also most National Hare Scrambles are just a local state sanctioned race that is included in the National Series. It is not like GNCC's where it is a traveling group of people that run the show all throughout the series. I do not remember ever using a transponder in a National Hare Scramble or GNCC although I haven't ridden many Nationals for the past 2 years. In 2001, 2002 and 2003 I rode most all the National Hare Scrambles and quite few GNCC's, since then and a few surgeries I just pretty much race Indiana Dist 15. Katoom Guy do I know you???? I am the guy who still rides the XR 250. Don't laugh its paid for!!!!

The Blackcoal Nat H-S's I've run 99-00-01 we used bar coed stickers & transponders I have a small pic of me from 99 with a #458BCN bar code sticker on my Bell open face helmet , anyway I'm Bruce Stapleton , last raced a complete D-15 schedule in 02 on a YZ250 - finished 3rd O/A Senior-A at 40 , next complete series Haspin 04 Vet champ at 42 , next complete series Haspin 06 Senior champ at 44 , after 02 the cost of doing a 20 race H-S series was getting to costly so I cut back and started racing Haspin - 33 mi from home 8-10 race series , do we know each other ?

I guess we do not know each other. I have raced dist 15 and Nationals since 1998 mainly 4 stroke class til last year when I went into the Senior A class. I was 2001 4 stroke National Champion and #2 in 2002. I quit racing due to injuries in 2004 and started back in June of last year. I think I finished 3rd in Senior A dist 15 last year, but I didn't ride the whole series.

I went to Haspin for the first time ever on saturday. I rode mainly on the motocross track because of the muddy woods. I didn't know my way around anyway.

I was at Haspin Sat also but was only in the woods getting ready for the first H-S there , I know D. Rainey , R. Kirshner who finished 1-2 ahead of you plus P. Flynn who didn't race the complete series either , Rainey showed up at Haspin twice last yr with him and I splitting the wins , we also hooked for some great trailriding down in Ky last yr , I still don' know your name

My name is Larry Miinch, I know D Rainey and kirshner. I have raced against P Flyyn but never talked to him. Kirshner won the state in the series and the state race. I used to beat him but couldn't get it done last year. The fastest guy in our class last year was G Prince. He and I have always battled it out even way back in the 4 stroke class.

Its a lot of fun racing against all those guys, we are all pretty equal in speed, just depends on the day and how many times I crash. I crash alot!!! D Rainey is pretty fast also, but he does alot of enduro stuff I think.

Anyway look forward to meeting you someday!!:applause: