Sign in to follow this  

2007 Yz450f

Do you guys think a 47 year old guy (Senior B class) should do anything with suspention.

If so, what would you recomend.

Seams nice the way it is.

Had Pro Action do my 2003 YZ250F and that made a big differance.

Greg

I would go out on both the comp and rebound / front and back to speed the action up. It makes for a much plusher ride.

No need to mess with the high speed rebound.

Most of my senior friends are over 200lb. ,so they need springs. Your bike is built for a 170 to 180lb. rider. If you are close to these ranges you are fine.

All modern suspension systems need very little tuning as long as you are in the correct spring range.

Just adjust your sag and fiddle with the clickers. Your 450 has great stock suspension:ride:

A little mountain biking and some pushups will help more than a pipe or trick shock or forks at our age, IMO.....:applause::eek:

Your stock '03 and your new ride are quite a bit different and the new stuff is much better.

You seem happy with the bike as is, I would recommend keep riding and evaluating the suspension. Once you've logged about 20-30 hours on a bike, you'll have a pretty good handle on the likes and dislikes. At this point you will be able to make the decision for suspension work or just to keep fresh fluids in the forks and shock.

Take Care, John