cracked front rim/wheel

I had to ride a ways on a flat. Now when I went to change, I noticed a crack from edge to 1/2 way to center(in between spokes)on alum rim. Looks like where factore seam/weld is. Any problem in having this welded up & holding successfully. I dont care about the site of the bead of weld.(I would not grind down for apperarce) Has anyone else done this?

You can try it, but it usually requires a new rim to fix. My friend had the same thing happen, crack at weld, on his KTM and it cracked again shortly after being welded.

My front wheel cracked a few years ago. I am a welder so I tried it. I havnt re cracked it yet. Everything is still fine. It was a big crack to.

My front wheel cracked a few years ago. I am a welder so I tried it. I havnt re cracked it yet. Everything is still fine. It was a big crack to.

I have one I'm going to try this on, hope I have the same luck. I just want to use it as a spare at the races. I'd hate to get a flat on the first loop and have to stop.

I know of a super duper good welder who does stuff on fighter jet engine parts. So if anyone can do it, it would be him.

I have a small crack in mine at the same spot. I am probably going to replace the rim with an Excel.