Sign in to follow this  

DP end of March

I tried last week to get and RV spot at DP for 3/30 and 3/31 and had to go on a waiting list. Just an FYI

Rutt Roww

Even the overflow across the street? plenty of parking in front of the Wolf Den. I may even have an extra bed.

they did say there was dry camping but I don't want to do that, If I have to dry camp we'll park over by you. Thanks Brett.

Wow! Sounds like it is going to be a packed house. We made reservations a month ago for one of their campers. I will double check just to make sure they got it right.

So far there will be 3 of us (me and my two boys). Getting the bikes "tuned up" soon for the trip. We have been doing the MX thing the last couple of weekends at Bithlo. Riding MX tracks wears me out quick. I am hoping to build up my endurance by riding every practice session I can. I am keeping my fingers crossed for great weather again this year. :applause:

MarkC

DP has gotten so popular they can't keep up w/ the growth. They cancelled the hare scramble and kids mx series for this year. I love riding DP but if they want to grow they need to get a vision, plan of action, and some direction to make the improvements needed to handle the demand of their customers every week.

The days of deciding you want to go there next week and get a cabin are over, must make reservations well in advance.

I would like to see more places like DP to ride at in the Southeast. That could possibly alleviate some of the crowds and the burden on DP. Unfortunately the cost of land and is prohibitive, it also takes someone like Mike to make it work and stick with it.

What puzzles me is all the off road bikes and ATV's that are sold, why is there not more support from dealers and manufactures to promote/lobby for places to ride (and support their future sales market)? The State of Florida has recently been charging a off road tax? but we have the same single state run off road area that has been in existince for over 20 years. There has been an effort to improve riding in the Ocala National Forest but there are very few areas with open land where you can legally ride on anymore.

MarkC

There has been an effort to improve riding in the Ocala National Forest but there are very few areas with open land where you can legally ride on anymore.

Although it appears an improvement, they actually closed down about 70% of the trails we used to ride.