Sign in to follow this  

Slime?

I would not use Slime if the bike is going to be used on the road. I have used it off road and it does help keep you from going flat and become stranded. Down side is it can hide a flat and make repairs difficult.

If you use it and you notice a tire has gone down, you need to fix it properly.

I use True Goo..No problems with it after several years of use....

True Goo is a fluid that is installed into pneumatic tires that prevents the tire from losing pressure from punctures. True Goo has new technology that provides a low viscosity (very thin), highly mobile, very aggressively sealing fluid. This means that True Goo gets to the leak fast and seals it well.

The revolutionary technology key behind these excellent sealing capabilities, is that True Goo is a highly polar polymer. True Goo has flat sealing particles from macroscopic (that you can see) to microscopic (that you can't see). These particles are coated with a bipolar molecular layer that forces the particles, with strong electrical forces, to lay flat, interlock, and form a very good seal. Higher pressure in the tire makes the sealing action even better.

The new technology in True Goo allows it to overcome the common problems with other sealants. True Goo will protect against rim corrosion, bead leaks, valve fouling, tire unbalancing and cold weather thump, while being non-toxic and environmentally friendly. Overcoming these barriers allows True Goo to perform in many tires that were not candidates for sealant before.

I use True Goo..No problems with it after several years of use....

Sounds great! And, a little magic...

Has anyone used something called "Ride On"? Their claims sound great also.

I have used it in my tires for over 20,000 miles with no problems. As long as you are running a decent quality tire there is usually no need to balance.

I Put it in my front tire after noticing it was getting low.

Has not gone Low since and no wobbles on the road either,

Have hit over 85mph with it in the tire :applause:

If I do a long distance "adventure tour" this year with the KLX400SR, I'd rather not have to worry about flat tires. The other option is to install "slime tubes" which come preinstalled with slime.

One concern with using a sealer on the street is that it might hide a fault in the tire which might fail castastrophically at speed, or in a turn. But on the other hand it sucks to be out and have a flat...

Might be a dumb question but how much harder is it to change a tyre after you have had Slime in the tube - I'm guessing you can't just let the tube down:excuseme:

Might be a dumb question but how much harder is it to change a tyre after you have had Slime in the tube - I'm guessing you can't just let the tube down:excuseme:

Just make sure the valve is on the high side for a few seconds and let the air out. The stuff stays inside. True Goo also has pre treated motorcycle tubes. I also carry tubes and tools on the trail..A fellow rider tore his valve stem off..No goo will fix that..