Sign in to follow this  

Shoulder surgery tomorrow

Feelin kind of nervous. I dislocated my shoulder (first time) and that part is O.K., but I hit so hard that a small piece of bone with cartilage attached broke off the front lower side of the socket. I have a good Dr that I feel really confident with ( and he did not put me down for riding MX) The plan is to repair my shoulder with the scope, BUT since this is an unusual break there is a small chance that he may have to do open surgery-won't know for sure till he gets started. I am just real nervous about the whole thing!

I'm sure everything's going to be fine. And think about it this way... the worst part, the crash, has already passed. From now on you're only going to get better.

had surgery today , turned out the piece of bone was thinner than they thought and it broke when they were trying to attach it, So the Dr took it out and pulled the edge of the socket together to fix the empty spot. Is this going to heal up real strong? I am supposed to wear a sling for 3 weeks but do exercises too.

That usually works out fine.

Open surgery actually has a better sucess rate than the arthroscopic approach.