Sign in to follow this  

I've really been badmouthing my drz lately...

I've really been badmouthing my drz lately... but it got in the low 40's on Saturday so it was game on. My front knobbie has no tube, so its been in SM trim all winter. Since trails were out of the question, I opted to hit the backroads. I wasn't sure where or for how long I was riding, but I was just happy to be riding.

I ended up looking for any dirt road that went south. After several hours and a fuel stop, my dirt road turned to pavement and there was a 'entering ____ county sign' and I'd never heard of the county before. To make a long story short.

www.belome.com/images/drzohio.jpg

I had an absolute blast on the DRZ. It ran great. The tires were an absolute nightmare in the muddy roads. I thought for sure I was going to eat mud a few times, but I never dumped. Prolly put about 300 miles on, mostly through the slop. What an excellent first real ride of the season.

Guess I'm going to have to go wash it now.

www.belome.com/images/drzdirt3.jpg

That's great that you got to spend so much time riding yesterday. Hopefully, another couple of weeks and it can be a regular thing.

i just got my drz out of the kitchen and took it for its first ride of the season and what a blast did about 200 miles today. can't wait till it really warms up a bit. LOVE THE DRZ

i'm taking mine out in a few minutes... first time in over three months. winter came late this year and is just finnaly leaving, still about 2 inches of snow on everything though. i'm gonna get muddy.

i'm taking mine out in a few minutes... first time in over three months. winter came late this year and is just finnaly leaving, still about 2 inches of snow on everything though. i'm gonna get muddy.

Have a great time!!!:lol:

Five minutes ago I took mine out and started it up for the first time since before Christmas. Just wanted to make sure it would start and get it warmed up. Doesn't have any of the shrouds, panels or seat on it. Went down the block slowly in 1st, turned around and in 2nd rolled on the throttle just a tad. Wheel came right up...... I'm tingly all over...:applause::lol: It is going to be really hard waiting for the trails to open up up here.

turned around and in 2nd rolled on the throttle just a tad. Wheel came right up.....
Just a tad, huh?

Did you cutt the seat down on your DRZ?

kbaets..............correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that looks like a Corbin & that's how the Corbin comes from the factory. :applause:

Nice, low, supportive for the back, but since it's a great seat, the compromise comes when it's a little harder to move around when on the dirt.

So, for those heavy dirt riding sessions, putting on the Stock Suzuki seat is preferred.

Regalman.........is that A REFRIGERATOR :eek: tied up next to your bike?? Does it keep your neighbor & friends outta your Bud Light??

Happy Riding !!

:lol: :lol:

Just a tad, huh?

Yeah...that's why it surprised me. I haven't had it on pavement in over a year (except for some enduro transition sections, and a slight gearing change), it will not do that in dirt.

correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that looks like a Corbin

is that A REFRIGERATOR

You are correct, that is in fact a Corbin saddle. There is no way I'd ride 300 miles on the stocker. Unless the last half was standing.

I prefer the term KEGerator... but yes, thats a fridge that has about 1/2 of a 1/2 barrel of Bud Light in it. Gotta have something to do after the ride.

I've been thinking about it, and I think I'm gonna keep the DRZ for at least another season. I was focusing on the bad and didn't keep the good in sight. The ride Saturday was a blast. At one point I pulled a really nice 3rd gear power wheelie... not sure how fast I was going when I brought it up, but the speedo said about 65... which had to be right around a real 45mph. :applause:

I've really been badmouthing my drz lately... but it got in the low 40's on Saturday so it was game on. My front knobbie has no tube, so its been in SM trim all winter. Since trails were out of the question, I opted to hit the backroads. I wasn't sure where or for how long I was riding, but I was just happy to be riding.

You've talked (and I've talked) about getting something else with more power. I suggest, before you pull the trigger, go to the Thumpertalk rally and try a big bore stroker with the rhcs. Took it on the highway today and it ripped from 70 to 95 (didn't want to get a ticket to go any higher)... it pulls almost as hard as my 1200 now. If I can get to the rally (and I'm hoping I can) you can ride my bike and see what you think. :applause: