Sign in to follow this  

Fork Seal Tools

I have a leaky fork seal on the right fork. I have tried the film negative and tear off tricks but it's still leaking.

I am going through the manual and I think I have a pretty good idea on the process to put in a new fork seal. Where can I get the Cap Bolt Ring Wrench (ym-01501/90890-01501) for the job? I have seached the net and found several manufactures for this tool but they all say it is for YZ125/250 05-06, YZ 250F/450F 06. Will this fit the 07 forks?

Thanks for your help.

KH

The tool should be just fine.

Find an aluminum tool if you can. Steel beats up the cap. Since your ordering, find the inside piece as well. You need that to change the cartrige oil.

Again, an aluminum tool is perfect for the job.

I dont have access to the yamaha part number. I bought a GREAT wrench from lowedog@verizon.net. His wrench came with the piece. Both are extremely high quality aluminum and the fit is excellent. Both pieces were less than 1/2 of what Yamaha wanted for the inside part. His phone number is 509-782-3548

One other thing. Many dealers try to pass off the Honda tool as being the proper one for the outside. Its close, but not close enough. It will chew up the fork cap. Insist on something that is listed as "06 yamaha" or such.

One thing I would recommend is a Fork Seal Bullet made by Motion Pro. It makes installing the fork seals and dust seals without damage a piece of cake. I found them individually for $10.00 shipped at MAC tools website.

They are down near the bottom of this page

https://www.mactools.com/portal/site/mactools/menuitem.9ee7a3d7e73664e78b333020cf2461ca/?vgnextoid=eef6cb8a335fc010VgnVCM100000104d840aRCRD&vgnextchannel=eef6cb8a335fc010VgnVCM100000104d840aRCRD&vgnextfmt=default