Sign in to follow this  

MUD ( snow) Chicken

Well next weekend is the openhouse for peacock ltd. if this weather keeps like this , it should put a hurt on the snow, for sure the route will be complete mud, but as for the trail , might have to be for the bold & mighty. For sure the first field will definetly be a challenge.

See ya Saturday

is it wishful thinking that Evart would be rideable by next weekend?

Ummm yeah. My rule of thumb, wait about two weeks after your yard is clear. By then the groud will have thawed out and the water should go down.

Well next weekend is the openhouse for peacock ltd. if this weather keeps like this , it should put a hurt on the snow, for sure the route will be complete mud, but as for the trail , might have to be for the bold & mighty. For sure the first field will definetly be a challenge.

See ya Saturday

Cmore we missed ya at the Muskegon Motorcycle Club's snow scramble. You coulda cleaned up out there. After a vote to run 1.5 hours vs 1 hour.......they started dropping out like flies. Most went 1 lap and quit. Only like 5 guys stayed on the lead lap. 12 laps completed. It was ugly. Snow was deep and wet. Crashes everywhere. I was going to run but decided not to at the last minute and brought the pit bikes out for me and topper to romp around on. Great day to get out of the house and watch the chaos.

Still undecided if I am going to run the swamp chicken next week. It dont sound all that much fun as of now.

Sounds like it will be fun either way. Wish we could make it but we already planned on hitting up Victory Lane that day. Maybe next year.

Cmore we missed ya at the Muskegon Motorcycle Club's snow scramble.

OH yea !!! Thanks for the call

No really, I would not been able to make it, I've been lying in bed all weekend, Just hoping for the devil to come & take me out of my misery. oh I'm sick.:applause:

I also noticed Peacock has pulled mention of the Chicken Run from their homepage?

I am wondering if its because of the number of riders that usualy show up. This ride has been sliding under the radar for years. Any planned ride over 20 people requires an event permit from the DNR which is almost impossible to get now-a-days. From what I hear its almost cheeper to pay the fine (if you get cought) than to get a permit.

Im guessing they removed it from there site so they can deny having planned a ride in case something goes down. So far this ride has gone down without a hitch in the past. Hopefully it stays that way. But rumour has it that the DNR is going to start coming down on "non-event events" so who knows. Cross your fingers.

I also noticed Peacock has pulled mention of the Chicken Run from their homepage?

I still noticed it on their events calendar after you posted this. I do not know if having it on their calendar would still have it be considered under the radar. I just wish my bike was done so I could ride.

A buddy in Ludington said this morning's rain really took a bite out of the snowpack, which is still half a foot in most places.

Just got a snow report from the wolf lake motel for what its worth.

Hi Don, there is still some snow and ice out there, the sun can't get everywhere yet. If we get a good old spring rain, that would help out a lot

What a bunch of wusses. Looks like everybody went around the water hole.

Aint no couch potato today. Still workin on the cr.

Glad you guys had a good time . Loved to have made it.:applause::eek:

Hit the "Little O" in Baldwin yesterday... Still needs some melting before you can get a good ride in... You all know "A bad day on the DNR Trails is still a good day..!" :applause:

Hit the "Little O" in Baldwin yesterday... Still needs some melting before you can get a good ride in... You all know "A bad day on the DNR Trails is still a good day..!" :thumbsup:

How much snow do you think there is now? It's been nice and sunny in ludington today,with temps. in the mid 40's in the day and low 30's at night. I went riding Sunday south of Custer and there were some bare spots and still some 10"-12" spots of snow.

I'll be there Saturday, lets hope the Yzinger's up to it...

^^^^^ Might want to look at the post dates of the thread you revived. This one dates back to 2007.

Hey PMS. get with the time man. I will see you also Saturday.

Yep, I noticed that about 10 seconds after I posted...:thumbsup:

I see it all the time...big dummies can't post to the forum, we'll show him! Let's call him out on the age of the thread and not answer his question. Well I hope you're all happy...I feel stupid....

No, just kidding around, I'll see ya there:thumbsup:

I wonder if the DRN will give me any grief over the Taped on ORV sticker? I swapped my black fender for a blue one and had some issues getting that thing off of there...