Sign in to follow this  

ATK 700 intimidator

I heard they had produced only 3 or 4 of them ever -- I think that included both the 620 and 700.

I heard they had produced only 3 or 4 of them ever -- I think that included both the 620 and 700.

You can still buy them on their site. They are $10,000. It is a 2007 so I think they still make them.:applause:

You can still buy them on their site. They are $10,000. It is a 2007 so I think they still make them.:applause:

2007? Ah, they have been making the same bike since 2001, with no changes. It's a trophy bike only.

Here we go again. They are NOT ATK's. They Are Maico's. They are made in Germany. They are available in 250, 320, 500, 620 and 685 cc displacement. ATK was importing them. All they did was change the graphics and called them ATK's. They are producing 2007 models. 2005 and back had conventional WP forks and some had WP shocks and some had Reiger shocks. The Reigers are FAR better. The 2006 and 2007's are coming with USD WP forks, scalloped rotors and some other samll upgrades I have forgotten about. As for the rear shock, I can't remember but you canalways order the Reiger if you want. Standard equipment is as follows (for the motocross version): Nickel plated pipe. Exhaust valve. PVL ignition. Compression release for simple starting. (Ever kick over a 500 2T without a compression release?? It's barbarice not to have one. And as far as I know, not a single jap open class bike EVER had one). Brembo brakes (enough said). Hydraulic clutch. Mahle piston. And of coarse, water cooled.

Trophy bike?? I call Bull $*it. People who say that have never even seen one of these let alone rode one. I know. I ride mine every weekend.

Tim

2004 Maico 500 2T

Real men premix and ride open class 2 strokes.

Here we go again. They are NOT ATK's. They Are Maico's. They are made in Germany. They are available in 250, 320, 500, 620 and 685 cc displacement. ATK was importing them. All they did was change the graphics and called them ATK's. They are producing 2007 models. 2005 and back had conventional WP forks and some had WP shocks and some had Reiger shocks. The Reigers are FAR better. The 2006 and 2007's are coming with USD WP forks, scalloped rotors and some other samll upgrades I have forgotten about. As for the rear shock, I can't remember but you canalways order the Reiger if you want. Standard equipment is as follows (for the motocross version): Nickel plated pipe. Exhaust valve. PVL ignition. Compression release for simple starting. (Ever kick over a 500 2T without a compression release?? It's barbarice not to have one. And as far as I know, not a single jap open class bike EVER had one). Brembo brakes (enough said). Hydraulic clutch. Mahle piston. And of coarse, water cooled.

Trophy bike?? I call Bull $*it. People who say that have never even seen one of these let alone rode one. I know. I ride mine every weekend.

Tim

2004 Maico 500 2T

I know they are maico's. ATK sells them so I don't care. Just wondered if anyone had ridden one.

Tim

2004 Maico 500 2T

yea yea ... only thing is the maicos look better cuz they are in red ....:applause:

A shop in Colorado sold one. The shop owner told me the new owner was planning on extending the swing arm and using it for hill climb events. Later, FnShan-GRMA

Tim

2004 Maico 500 2T

I had a maico but they found out I had parents and took it back! Now that was "barbarice". I bet this guy hasnt had any since it had him

maico used 2 make a 760 a while back

2 stroke? :confused:

ATK is planning to move the manufacturing capabilities to the US. This will make it possible to update the design and make the price more competitive.

ATK is planning to move the manufacturing capabilities to the US. This will make it possible to update the design and make the price more competitive.

I keep hearing this. I'll find out for myself tomorrow.:confused:

It seems I re-call Super hunky done a test of one of these awhile back,he is a die hard maico fan any way,try offroad.com

that's siiiick. and that's the biggest jug i've ever seen.