What plugs do u guys run in your '06 YZ250s?

The ES will be fine. The eg has a smaller electrode and is a slightly better plug, but not a lot better. NGK still does not call it a "Premium plug" or anything li

I like the es series as its much more resistant to cold-fouling. I try to run them on the cold, cold days here in Utah.

The ES will be fine. The eg has a smaller electrode and is a slightly better plug, but not a lot better. NGK still does not call it a "Premium plug" or anything li

I like the es series as its much more resistant to cold-fouling. I try to run them on the cold, cold days here in Utah.

cr8eix - it's an iridium spark plug

thanks a bunch RCannon, thats what I wanted to know.

cr8eix - it's an iridium spark plug

The CR is a great plug for the 4 stroke. You would not believe how small these are. Diameter is about 1/2 of what our BR series is.

I found a really expensive NGK at my freight damage store. I paid the inflated price on premium stuff of .85 cents. Basically the same specs as a BR8eg, but precious metal and fine wire. Retail on the thing was 25.00 plus.

I was excited to try the thing. After all, it must be great.

If a person really used their imagination, throttle response could be a touch better than normal. Then again, maybe not. You just expect this expensive stuff to be better.

I remember reading that the rm 125 suzuki, and I am sure some other bikes, needed some expensive plug avoid plug breakage. I have never seen anything about the yz 250 needing this.

I have used the BR8ES with good results on my 06. They are so inexpensive that even I can afford to keep new ones in the bike regularly.

I agree. The eg's cost enough at the bike shops that a person feels like they need to use them up!

Just bought an 01 YZ250 last week and fouled a plug over the weekend. It was a B8ES and the gap was like .035... Since I am a new YZ owner, I didn't realize this was the wrong plug or gap. I fooled around w/it trying to clean it... boy that was dumb. Bike would sputter then die. I even pushed it down the hill next to my house thinking jump starting it would do the trick. Nada.

Found a BR8ES for $2.50 at a local autoparts store, set the gap to .024, put it in tonight and it fired up on the 1st kick... holy crap this bike is fun!

:applause:

If someone has any idea, thought, or feeling like we should spend the extra money for the EG, I would like to hear it.

So far it sounds like there is no reason to do so. I am surprised.

The 01 was a wonderful engine. It has an extra light flywheel compared to our 06's. Very quick reving and lots of top end.

The 01 was a wonderful engine. It has an extra light flywheel compared to our 06's. Very quick reving and lots of top end.

What flywheel weight would you recommend for turning this into a woods bike?

BTW, I'm also planning to put a torque header on it like the FMF gnarly w/a turbine core II spark arrestor.

I just had this coverstation w/ my mechanic on Sat. he pretty much said the same thing. He told me to run the b8es, bigger electrode.