Sign in to follow this  

yamaha vs hot cams

Hi Guys. I know this has been a beaten subject, but has anyone compared a Yamaha yzf cam to the stage one Hot Cam? I have an 03 wr250 and have to replace the timing chain, so I figured i would try this exhaust cam trick now, I love the bike the way it is but maybe a little more would be more fun. I can buy the Hot cam for roughly the same price as the new yz Yammi cam. So which one is better? :applause:

I have Hot Cams on my bike.. now I need to hold on to it. It rips out of corners and lets you fly over the top of jumps.

Im thinking of Hot Cams... Im coming from a 426, and wanted something that would be a lot lighter and handle better than it. Now I just need to power.

Do a bit more research on the difference between the stock and Hot Cams exhaust cam. I read somewhere that the profile for the exhaust cams is the same and that the intake is where the difference is. However, I believe that the timing can be adjusted with the Hot Cams if you're inclined to experiment.

I'm not speaking from experience with the Hot Cams, just recollection from when I looked into putting a 2003 exhaust cam in my bike.

It sounds like your question is directed primarily at an exhaust cam change. I used a Hot Cams Stage I intake cam (with a stock '03 OEM exhaust cam for auto-decompression) on my '02 and the result was tractor power! Otherwise stock except minor carb tuning for temp and altitude changes.

Hi guys. Thanks for the info so far. Does anybody know the the stock lift and duration of the 03 wr250 exhaust cam? I have been all through the service manual and can only find the size, if I could compare lift and duration, I would be a little more at ease of spending the 250.00 cdn.lol I am not going to pull out my cam until I find out for sure. Thanks again guys. Mike.:applause: