Sign in to follow this  

Possibility of sticking throttle on FCR MX

I just finished my FCR MX upgrade WOW!! It’s everything I hoped it would be.

Thank you to all that have posted tips on this upgrade I followed the jetting advice from Eddies posts and it was right on. I haven’t put enough miles on it yet to check the plug and see if she is rich yet but it sounds perfect. One thing that has me a little concerned is the throttle wheel is dangerously close to the frame (but not touching) I’ve read posts regarding this but I don’t know if I should be concerned after all it is a “push pull” system if it rubs you should be able to twist the throttle closed, right? Anyone had any problems with this??

Only thing i've heard of, was Neil Claydon.

90 mph into a corner and it got stuck on the frame. :applause:

After that he used the throttle wheel cover!

I've never had a problem!

I just finished my FCR MX upgrade WOW!! It’s everything I hoped it would be.

Thank you to all that have posted tips on this upgrade I followed the jetting advice from Eddies posts and it was right on. I haven’t put enough miles on it yet to check the plug and see if she is rich yet but it sounds perfect. One thing that has me a little concerned is the throttle wheel is dangerously close to the frame (but not touching) I’ve read posts regarding this but I don’t know if I should be concerned after all it is a “push pull” system if it rubs you should be able to twist the throttle closed, right? Anyone had any problems with this??

It has happened, to me :naughty:

Easy fix, fit the black plastic throttle wheel cover, 100% cure.

I know many people have done away with the cover without an issue, but a few have had problems.

You make the decision, it's your bike, and your life :lol:

It is also possible to make more room by moving the engine around, after slackening the mounting bolts.

It gave me plenty of room, you only need about 5 mm for safety, but I still fitted the cover.

Neil. :applause::lol::eek: