Sign in to follow this  

NorCal riders, what are you using?

Are you using a Garmin or Magellan GPS unit?

I just want to take a simple pole of what brand is most popular among all the NorCal riders.

I have done research and searched all the forums for info (lots of good stuff). One thing I have learned is to get what others are using so you can share/trade info.

Thanks

I just want to take a simple pole of what brand is most popular among all the NorCal riders.

I have done research and searched all the forums for info (lots of good stuff). One thing I have learned is to get what others are using so you can share/trade info.

Thanks

I'm pretty happy with my Garmin 60csx. No more worry about space issues. :applause:

Thanks

Magellan SporTrak map

Thanks

Magellan

:applause: Ask before you leap. Very Smart! :lol: They still want $240 for the old one I have. :lol:

Now I've been using mine for over 2 years now. It's saved my bacon more than once. I would have spent 3 nights out in the woods without it, and 1 ride I did spend out in the desert WITH it. But that's another long and boring story! :lol:

I have a Garmin Rino with the walkie-talkie feature. I've spoken with my ride buddies, as well as a helicopter out on the trail. Another boring story. :ride:

I've been on a few club rides where they DOWNLOADED the track onto my GPS lickity split, in less than a minute. Saved my bacon another time. :naughty:

My buddie has a new cheapo model that looks 100 times nicer than mine. :eek:

In my experience, topo maps, compatibility, options......... GARMIN is the item to have. :worthy:

A GPS is a LUXURY item you must have. You can't go wrong with either manufacturer. Bottom line: Get one!

delorme pn-20 very nice unit, lets you load topo and sat. imagery

Garmin Edge 305.

bought it for my mtn bike, but put a mount on my crf and it's a dandy little toy... considering getting a nicer one (60? etrax?) for my dirt bike.