fmf power bomb and stock muffler

The power bomb is a smaller diameter than the stock muffler pipe. When you slip them together there will be 3/16 play all the way around. I tried to find a sleeve to make up the difference but there weren't any available. Also the stock gasket is too big. I had to end up buying an fmf pipe. Good Luck!!

The power bomb is a smaller diameter than the stock muffler pipe. When you slip them together there will be 3/16 play all the way around. I tried to find a sleeve to make up the difference but there weren't any available. Also the stock gasket is too big. I had to end up buying an fmf pipe. Good Luck!!

That might be the case for your 06 WR (i.e. it wont fit at the joint), but the 06 & 07 yzf's silencers will mate right up with the FMF headers (including the PowerBomb header).

That might be the case for your 06 WR (i.e. it wont fit at the joint), but the 06 & 07 yzf's silencers will mate right up with the FMF headers (including the PowerBomb header).

i talked to a tech guy named tony. who is a complete idiot!!!! first he said the powerbomb and megabomb won't fit the stock muffler. then he was addimatly insisting that their 4.1 system will give my '07 yzf 5-6 hp. after a couple minutes of him babbling i told him he was ridiculous and hung up.

do you guys think the restriction on the '07 yzf is more the muffler, or the header? every magazine says how quiet the stock '07 is because of the new muffler. it's not that quiet, is it? if i was gonna start with one thing, (header or slip-on) which one. i was gonna order a power bomb that day (i don't care about the low end, i want mid-top) until i talked to the fmf dumbass. who said it won't work

I had a similar experience with FMF when I called about jetting a few times, either they did not care or were seriously lacking knowledge.

On the YZF not the WR there should be no issue bolting up the stock exhaust canister to either the powerbomb or megabomb header. I have the Megabomb for the 07 but have not bolted it up yet, a friend of mine ran his 06 with the megabomb and stock can - fit was fine.

I run one on my WR250, SX PB Header mated to a 05 YZF pipe. There is a small gap that I get blow by on. I've tried sealant and called FMF and nothing is available.

Charlie, I used the PowerBomb header with a YZF silencer on my 02 WR. You can use "aluminum step flashing" that you can get from Home Depot for like $5 or so. Double up 2 sheets to make the gasket for the joint, then use heat resistance red silicone to seal things up (if needed).

DSC00031.JPG

You basically want to make something like the gasket in the picture below - the piece in the picture below was for mating the PowerBomb header with the WR's silencer which required a thicker gasket that I had a muffler shop made for me...

DSC00194.JPG

I tried the red sealer but it ended up blowing out... :eek:

I tried flashing also which helps.

Have you tried the flashing WITH the red silicone? I.e. use the silicone to mend the sheets together like glue, then put that gasket piece into the joint (use another sheet if needed) - it should work. :applause: