Sign in to follow this  

some drz questions

Hi guys, I am looking at getting a drz400 as a suplemental transportaiton device for school and fun also beacause my jeep gets about 12 mpg. I enjoy offroad exploring so I am interested in the dual sport idea. I was wondering if it is popular to buy the drzE and convert it to street legal. The reason being that the "E" looks to be slightly better from performance standards and still has the battery to run the lights. Anyone done this? How is the gearing between the two? Or would it just be easier to get the factory dual sport for $400 more. Also what kind of range do these bikes have? I'm guessing power is around 30-35 horse? how many miles are these bikes usually good for? thanks.

you live in cali so you can not convert an "e" to dual sport, the bike are almost the same thing, just take some of the extra stuff off the "s" and you are good to go, the range is about 80-130 on the stock tank, depends on how you ride but you can allways get a bigger gas tank.

&%$#@!

You may get added to some ignore lists.

how can any question be ignorant questions are for people to learn you are ignorant to say that we learn by asking.

there is a lot of good peeps here but i few that think cos they asked all there questions 3 or 4 years ago they are better than the rest of us.

You all are WAY TOO serious. Lighten up a little.

Oh yeah, without trying to hurt your feelings. Use the search engine (which is sometimes difficult to wade through) then ask if you have difficulty. I have searched and then had to ask many times.

Feel free to add me to your ignore list.

CC