Sign in to follow this  

wheelie a 230

Lots of upper body strength!, drop down 1 tooth on the front using a yamaha blaster 12 tooth front sprocket and it will be a whole lot easier:smirk: .

i can befor stock and i rejeted the carb and pulled the intake snorkle out and that helpped a little . when i got off my 400 today i took the little 230 for a spin and it way easyer to wheelie on asphalt i put it in first and reved it out and slammed second and the bike came up pretty high and i was sitting down and used barley any arm strenth.

&%$#@!?

If you have any skill whatsoever, you can wheelie almost any dirt bike. It's not like it takes a torque monster of an engine to lift the front wheel off of the ground.

When you're riding in 2nd gear on grass, gas it and back right off to load the front suspension, then gas it again when the suspension rebounds. you may have to sit back on the seat some, but probably won't have to pull on the bars.

the 230 doesnt have lots of power so get as far back as possible on the seat get in 1st gear, pull up as hard as u can with givin it sum gas when ur up shift gears to keep it up in the air, if that dont work chang gear ratio, maybe even big bore the bike

If your asking how to wheelie you shouldnt be wheelieing(&%$#@! sp) or riding for that matter.

Nah, you don't need all that crap to wheelie. All you do is hold the clutch in till it starts to slip and (I rev it twice, I don't know why) rev it up and pop it. Then its just a matter of keeping it up at the balance point (If you can get there). I can do this in 1st, 2nd, and sometimes 3rd on a bone stock '05. Just practice you'll get there, then when you do you won't be able to keep the front wheel down its sooo much fun.:applause::eek:

in first gear pull in the clutch and pin the throttle. Then just drop the clutch. Let me know how it goes.

for those of you that have helped me thanks alot and for those who have just told me a bunch of stuff im a beginner and this is my first bike ive been riding for six months and am not an expert and i dont know everything about bikes thats why i joined this site to ask questions and get good answers from other riders dont mean to affend anyone thanks again:ride:

Hey dirt kid, ignore a few of the jerks on here (if you have to ask, you shouldn't be riding; rev the piss out of it and dump the clutch, etc), i've already given you my suggestion, to learn, start using just throttle and bring the clutch into it when you get comfortable with it. when you use the clutch it's more sudden and violent...and 1st gear would probably just end up spinning the tire anyway. good luck with it, i'm new to dirt also, but i've been riding streetbikes since i was 15 (shhhh...no license) and everything you learn on dirt will carry over to street and make you a muuuuuuuch better rider on the road too.