Sign in to follow this  

March 18th, Sunday, 'Lil Stoney

We stage at 8:00am then trek on over to middle creek. Meet up with Barefootbob for an E-ticket ride of Penny Pines, Bear Creek, Deer Valley, etc. :lol:

Bring your lunch and your Intermediate Skills, we'll have a great time but it's gonna be a long haul. :applause:

Plan on an ALL DAY ride. 90+ miles. The snow should be gone and the weatherman says it will be clear & sunny all week. :lol:

Whats your plan for gas? are you going to have some at middle creek? A few years ago I rode my xr650 from stoney to middle creek to work an enduro check, and it was 80 miles there and back but I could go 120 miles on the tank. My 250 will only do about 65 on the stock tank.

We stage at 8:00am then trek on over to middle creek. Meet up with Barefootbob for an E-ticket ride of Penny Pines, Bear Creek, Deer Valley, etc. :lol:

Bring your lunch and your Intermediate Skills, we'll have a great time but it's gonna be a long haul. :applause:

Plan on an ALL DAY ride. 90+ miles. The snow should be gone and the weatherman says it will be clear & sunny all week. :eek:

Slyko,

Are you sure you are going to make it out for this ride. From what I gather from past threads this is an iffy proposition. If you madeall the rides talked about in the posts you would be a homeless, unemployed dirtbiking bum.:lol: I am just yanking your chain. You guys have a good ride.:naughty: I will stay close to home and ride the (ss) foothill area.

Dont worry about gas,I just need to know how many are comming over.If you ride a smoker you will need to bring your mix.I mix my fuel at 28:1,If that works for you then I can have extra fuel if you let me know.

Hey guys,

I know this sounds goofy but, being from southern Ca. I might be up north this weekend. Where exactly do you stage or ride? Is that Tahoe area? Thanks. "D"

Here's the map page. The Stonyford map has the stagging area 'Lil Stony pretty well marked.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/mendocino/recreation/ohv/maps/

We are going all the way over to Middle Creek, or the Southern Area map.

You can print them both out and then paste them both together. The trails are pretty well marked, but then I've been lost now & then. :lol:

The snow should be gone by then. :lol:

Plan on a 2 hour ride to Deer Valley from 'Lil Stony. We stage at 8:00am, so we should meet up with BfB about 10:00 am.

It's all good! :eek:

We can start the day off with a killer hillclimb, aka Sullivan Ridge, or take the easier route along Lovelady or even Cracker Box. We'll figure it all out at 'Lil Stony! :applause:

Plan on a 2 hour ride to Deer Valley from 'Lil Stony. We stage at 8:00am, so we should meet up with BfB about 10:00 am.

p

this sounds corny. I'm out.

I don't know how I missed this thread before :lol: I told my wife it was okay to make dinner plans :lol:

I'd love to go (even though BB thinks it's corney :eek: ) but, I know there's now way I'd be getting home in time for dinner with friends.

Have a great ride and post more than Parking lot pictures.:applause:

I dont get the corny part,Its a long day,maby BB is not up for a 100mile day.

Thought it would be nice to finly get the skipper out M/Cr.Oh well maby next year when I'm totaly crippled and cant ride.

We could have our own Movie Star!

charlton_heston.jpg

Tell me I'm wrong! It's him I tell you!

a%20Cecil%20B.%20DeMille%20The%20Ten%20Commandments%20DVD%20Review%20Charlton%20Heston%20PDVD_002-729519.jpg

It's 2.5 hours to little stoney, then get on the bikes and ride 2 hours on trails to meet BfB to ride some Middle creek trails, then ride back to little stoney. Kind of like the first part of the Sheetiron 300.

:eek: Guess I'll let everyone know my little secret. :lol: No I can't, it's my secret and I ain't sharing it with nobody! :lol:

The 2 hour ride to Middle Creek is hill climbs, single track, fire roads, 2 track through the forest, etc. And I hate fire roads. If anyone complains it's too easy, fine, I'll just take you out to a few trails THAT WILL KICK YOUR @SS! :lol:

I'll pull over and take pictures of you flailing. :lol: Then you can explain what happened.

BfB I'm sure, will not disappoint with his 3 hour tour of Middle Creek.

2 hours to get there + 3 hours there + 2 hours back. 7 hours of riding. 90+ miles. We're not going to quit at 2:00pm. It ain't for the faint of heart. :lol:

Or, you can play at Darling Ridge. Decisions, Decisions! :applause:

I'm kinda partial to MaryAnn myself. sixties13.jpg

I see I missed the part about trailing riding not driving over to meet BFB, but still 90 miles then drive home.....too much for gramps. You youngins have fun.

Man this sounds like my kinda ride:thumbsup: SS do you plan on taking fuel in the pack? We ride with stock tanks on YZ450F's:thinking: :eek: Might meet up with you over at PP too. I've never rode PP and the local tour guide would be perfect.:applause:

My plan is to take extra pre-mix in my Camelbak. I'll also pack enough Motul 800 to fill my tank with BfB's straight gas. He's been gracious enough to offer fuel to everyone who needs it. I'll be bringing him a little $$$$$$ too. :lol:

Without him, this ride would not happen. Gotta take care of those who take care of you. :applause:

Now I get 60 miles to a tank, so it should be more than enough to get me there. Heck, I can even get lost a few times and still have enough. :eek:

Just a little hint....................... Davis Flat is 45-60 minutes further down the road from 'Lil Stony.

My plan is to take extra pre-mix in my Camelbak.

:eek: Why does this not sound good?:applause: Don't drink the stuff!Actually in the mid-seventies I had a Penton 125 Six Days that I managed to get registered for the street.I would take a flask of two stroke oil with marked amounts for 1,2,or 3 gal. and ride up from Fair Oaks to somewhere in the hills,(often Georgetown)refuel,ride around for 2-3 hrs.Refuel and head home.In my mind I was Carl Cranke riding in the I.S.D.T!

My plan is to take extra pre-mix in my Camelbak. I'll also pack enough Motul 800 to fill my tank with BfB's straight gas. He's been gracious enough to offer fuel to everyone who needs it. I'll be bringing him a little $$$$$$ too. :lol:

Without him, this ride would not happen. Gotta take care of those who take care of you. :applause:

Now I get 60 miles to a tank, so it should be more than enough to get me there. Heck, I can even get lost a few times and still have enough. :eek:

Just a little hint....................... Davis Flat is 45-60 minutes further down the road from 'Lil Stony.

I agree with the Lil Stony stage.. Also think the same as you.. I'll have cash for gas too:cheers: I may have a few more riders... I'll check with them in the am:thumbsup: