Sign in to follow this  

Water in engine oil

"06 CRF250R low hours: I've got milky oil (on the left side "engine oil" ) No coolant missing from the Rad. though I know it wouldn't take much. I have flushed several times and now have clean oil. My son rode in some water yesterday but not much and used a regular hose to wash the bike so no pressure washer and nothing unusual.

Is there a chance the water could have entered thru the wiring that goes into the crankcase just behind the dipstick area? It's sealed good to the case but I can't tell how good it's sealed inside where the wires enter. I don't want to get water again as it was a $$ and time consuming process to get it clean.

We ran it about 10minutes and so far it looks good.

Thoughts/Suggestions please.

in most cases...thats where water is sucked up through the crankcase breather hose...i recommend re-routing it

Thanks for the input, after reading more and more and retracing our last day or two w/ the bike I'm almost convinced it has to be something like that. We're going to run it 10mins at a time and check the oil and not wash it or get it near water to make sure. Thanks again....

maybe water down the intake through the airbox?

that is possible too...reroute the breather hoses...not the drain ones on the carb...:applause:

that is possible too...reroute the breather hoses...not the drain ones on the carb...:applause:

Sorry, but you don't get water in the engine oil through the breather. It will get in the trans oil though.

Sorry, but you don't get water in the engine oil through the breather. It will get in the trans oil though.

ohhh yea. but my kawi uses the same oil for both the tranny and engine

ya that happend to me and i flushed the oil and it was normal for a sec then went rite back to being milky it ended up being a blown head gasket

hey guys, i am the one rideing the crf250r. i did go through a good amount of water one case nearly stoped in it. i am pretty sure the left side case is the engine oil. witch was murcky. however the trans was not. on the crf250 the 2 oils are sepreat.

we are also rinning the bike for about 10-15 min a day and checking the oil. so far we have run it about 25-30 after the murcky oil was drained and gotton back to a golden color. so far the oil is nice an golden and all seals appear to have no leaks.

i have hurd if a slight amount of redeator coolent gets into it, it will become murky however it is highly unlikely do to 2 seals and soem sort of plug

any other possibilitys??

maybe the drain is plugged on your airbox. When you washed it maybe it filled with a little water and drained into your carb.

we thank it was the breather hose because the oil has not gotton murcky yet after an hour of running time and a good washing, there is nothing wrong with the oil still nice and golden.

however there is a pink hose on it {2006 crf250r} and it was full of water, we did let the water drain, it was a little murcky. we tryed to see where the pink hose went and it splits off into a {Y} shape, one went near the top of the air cleaner. and the other went up towards the gas tank and jsut kept going off upward. does any one know what this hose is?

It's the breather that comes out of the valve cover. I get about 1-2" water in mine every ride and empty it.

You should drain it whenever you see anything in it.