Sign in to follow this  

Checking valves and top end

Hey guys im kinda new to 4 strokes but im around 20 hours of riding time on my 2005 crf450 so i figure ill check the valves but is there any new things i need when i do check them like will i need and new gaskets or anything? also any tips on how to check the valves is appreciated

thanks,

jeremy

if you have the manual that came with the bike originally,it shows in great detail how to check valves and if necessary shim,it's easy.OH! and invest in an hour meter so there is no guessing on how many hours on bike. and there should'nt be any need to buy a new valve cover gasket.

tie the timing chain to the srocket so you don't lose your timing, this will save you a crapload of time....do your reasearch on here, lots of great tips....buy the hotcams kit, will save you lots of trips to the dealer for parts...take your time, hit me up if you have any questions..

iOH! and invest in an hour meter so there is no guessing on how many hours on bike. .

where can i get one of these and what kind is the best or which should i stay away from .

You can buy a hour meter at any bike shop. Also sears sells the same thing for a lawn mower, I think it is made by sandac.

Look at the Hardline hour meter in the TT store. They are not that expensive and they take the guesswork out of how many hours you ride. They install really easily which is a major plus.:applause: