XR100 Clutch - Service Limits

I bought a XR Service CD off ebay a few months ago and now its "freezing" in my computer....?

I would like to get the service limits of the fibers and outer hub.

I have new fibers (3.04mm)...my "slipping" fibers (2.89mm)

The outer hub has a slight "lip" just inside of where the fiber "rides"

But not sure if it was there when new.

At the lip, it measures 4.89mm...and 4.07 where the fiber rides...

When I say outer...the springs press against this one.

The following items are new and have only 3 hours running time.

The inner & outer hubs, Barnett steels, fibers & springs.

The lil' XR (15rwhp) is run hard (indoor concrete road course) on/off throttle every 3-5 sec.....

But thought it should last more than 3 hours ride time. :applause:

My manual (it's an old Clymer so maybe someone with a OEM Honda one can chime in) says std Friction disc thickness is 3.0mm with a wear limit of 2.6mm. clutch plate and disc warpage .2mm max. Clutch spring free length 28.4mm std with wear limit of 26.3mm.

No service limits on the outer housing (that's what the manual calls it). There's some verbage about inspecting the teeth and splines and the slots in the outer housing for cracks nicks or galling. "If any severe damage is evident, the clutch housing must be replaced".

I just replaced the clutch in my 120 motor yesterday, it was slipping pretty bad but the fibers looked OK to me (I don't have a tool to measure their thickness), put in a CR80 KG Factory clutch set (only used 4 fibers and 3 steel) and it doesn't seem to be slipping right now. Need to really ring it out on the dirt though.

My manual (it's an old Clymer so maybe someone with a OEM Honda one can chime in) says std Friction disc thickness is 3.0mm with a wear limit of 2.6mm. clutch plate and disc warpage .2mm max. Clutch spring free length 28.4mm std with wear limit of 26.3mm.

No service limits on the outer housing (that's what the manual calls it). There's some verbage about inspecting the teeth and splines and the slots in the outer housing for cracks nicks or galling. "If any severe damage is evident, the clutch housing must be replaced".

I just replaced the clutch in my 120 motor yesterday, it was slipping pretty bad but the fibers looked OK to me (I don't have a tool to measure their thickness), put in a CR80 KG Factory clutch set (only used 4 fibers and 3 steel) and it doesn't seem to be slipping right now. Need to really ring it out on the dirt though.

Thank you Sir...:applause: